Devices > Video Cards, Monitors, Televisions, and Projectors

Dropouts when bitstreaming Atmos through an HDMI 2.1 AVR with nVidia 3xxx GPUs

<< < (16/19) > >>

Manni:
I've sent the 4080 back today for a refund. I can't justify paying £953 if it doesn't fully solve the problem. The 3090 is still a very decent card that does all I need provided I find a way to fix this Atmos droupout issue. Even if I don't, I can use the Oppo 203 and the Dune player instead for perfect video and audio when needed, so that's my plan B.

SamuriHL:
I've decided to keep my 4080 and build a new machine around it.  I wasn't REALLY planning on upgrading the HTPC this year but hey why not.  LOL  The only reason is this gives me another machine I can put in my bedroom for HTPC and gaming duties which is nice to have.  If I didn't have the second machine, I'd most definitely be returning the 4080 as well.

Awesome Donkey:
With the new AMD Ryzen 9000 inbound you can probably get killer deals on very good Ryzen 7000 CPUs so it may not be too bad of a time to be building a new machine. :P

SamuriHL:
Oh I'm definitely going for the 9000 Zen 5 at this point.  When I build new machines I tend to go all out so they last a few years.  This one not withstanding as it's only a couple years old unfortunately.  Once I rebuild it I won't be touching it again for 4 or so years so I want the latest specs.  Wifi 7 is definitely desired as I'm running out of 2.5gb ethernet ports and I've already got a wifi 7 router.

I'm debating between the AMD Ryzen 9 9900X and the AMD Ryzen 7 9700X.  The 9950x is going to be insanely priced.  The 9900x maybe a good place to be though.

Manni:
I was able to test a second film tonight with the 3090 (and family network bar still in place). Zero frame drop, zero Atmos drop/freeze. Encouraging. I'll try to run at least one more test tomorrow, then I'll be away for a couple of days for work, but I'll resume testing on Thursday or Friday. If I manage to get five films without any drop, I'll start isolating the network cause. Right I suspect that the daughter's Dune is hogging the network briefly when she accesses the metadata, but it could be something else. I'll keep testing and will report back when/if I get anything conclusive.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version