INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: REQUEST:  Tag-Through During Convert  (Read 652 times)

Kurt Young

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Tastes like crab, talks like people.
REQUEST:  Tag-Through During Convert
« on: February 05, 2003, 08:20:10 am »

Gentlemen, for your consideration:

I took a big batch of .wma files and converted them all to .mp3, using the Convert function in the Tools menu.  Worked great, no problems at all.

The .wma files were all fullly and properly tagged before the conversion.  The resultant .mp3 files had no tags at all.  I had to go and manually re-tag all of these files.

I think it'd kick butt if the .mp3 files would have inherited the tags that were in their .wma sires.  I don't convert stuff a lot, but it would be awfully handy.  
 mjextman.exe /ipodsync

Markeau

• Galactic Citizen
Re: REQUEST:  Tag-Through During Convert
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2003, 08:31:51 am »

And while this feature is being implemented it would also be great to have a similar feature when having to re-rip to migrate tags from existing mp3's to the new mp3's.  I have a huge mp3 library that was ripped with MMJB's FhG encoder (steep 16KHz cutoff) and am having to rerip with MJ/MC's LAME encoder ... trying to name the files the same and yadda yadda just does not work especially when the rerips consult the YADB when the originals used CDDB, and so on VA albums (like John Digweed, Sasha) the artists frequently don't match (YADB users are putting the actual artist name for most songs instead of the Album Artist).  About the only thing that matches are the Album Name and Track Name, so maybe having a macro that would allow you to key on those two items and start and automated retagging would be great!  
Pages: [1]   Go Up