Devices > Video Cards, Monitors, Televisions, and Projectors

HDMI Problem [Solved]

(1/1)

tkolsto:
four times at least I loose hdmi connection to my oled tv when starting a movie with jriver, often this is the case after I have turned on my desktop and want to start a movie, then I suddenly loose picture and lgs "pause" pictures is shown, and I have to physically turn off my desktop to start it up again, and then it is fine. This started 2 or 3 weeks ago.

Awesome Donkey:
Have you tried a new, different HDMI cable? That'd be the first thing to check. I use certified UGREEN cables from Amazon with all my devices and I never get signal drops whereas with old cheap cables I used to get them occasionally.

Manfred:
I had the same problem with my Win 10 and NVIDIA Graphics based Media Renderer in the Living Room connected to my LG OLED. At a certain point the problem was gone. I can't tell you the excact root cause. What I usally do: Update the Win 10 OS, NVIDIA Grahics Driver , MC and LG WebOS to the latest version.  HDIM cable was unchanged.

tkolsto:
Sorry for late response. It is fixed now. Reinstalled OS. But Lg oled is picky when it it comes to hdmi cables. I remember when I bought it I bought cheap ones, only one worked. Even a 100 dollar expensive cable did not work. So it does not need to be an expensive one. I even had a certified one that I needed to return, it did not work. But certifed is the way to go. I think Lg is just sensitive to certain cables and one just have to try them out.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version