INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is it possible to get the status of an EQ slider with MCWS?  (Read 166 times)

Mastiff

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Multi-Zone Tzar

I have a problem when the bass on some tracks needs to be adjusted so it doesn't distort, but I don't want it to go so low that there's no punch in the sound. Power metal without bass is barely metal at all.  ;D

I can fix this by having a few plus and minus buttons for the four lowest equalizer sliders in Home Assistant and let them adjust the sliders via MCWS. It took a few tries before I understood that the value sendt in the command is actually percent! So this works to set the first slider (31.3 Hz) to +3 dB:

http://192.168.2.1:16000/MCWS/v1/DSP/SetEqualizer?Zone=-1&ZoneType=ID&Slider=1&Level=25

Then I can use that value in an info card, but it would be nice to be able to get the status of the sliders, so it's updated in the system after reboots of both the Pi running Home Assistant and the media server, and so that it is changed there if I should adjust them manually for some reason. I tried with the regular info and also GetEqualizer, but that of course didn't work. I can't find anything in the documentation, so I don't have much hope that it is there. I think it has to be in the com interface, because I remember that old NetRemote had an equalizer for MC, but that doesn't help in my case.

Btw it's kind of weird that none of the remote control apps I've tried has an equalizer control either, that would be very nice for "headless" (well, the head is in the server room, but not easily accessable) systems like mine.
Tor with the Cinema Inferno & Multi-Zone Audio system
Pages: [1]   Go Up