INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Behaviour when playing audio and images simultaneously  (Read 537 times)

Deenfan

• Recent member
Behaviour when playing audio and images simultaneously
« on: July 31, 2024, 06:24:53 am »

Hi! I have now purchased the MC33 license, and want to take the opportunity to ask for a certain behaviour to be re-implemented from pre MC24. I have upgraded several times, both before and after, but have had to go back to v.23 because of one thing:

When I listen to music while having a slideshow on the screen, and an image comes up that need editing or deleting, both the music and the slideshow keeps going on MC23 (that is, the slideshow might be on pause, so it must be activated by pressing [SPACE], but that's ok). On later versions, the music stops when I delete an image. Then I have to go out of the slideshow to start the music again, and when I do, it doesn't pick up where it left off. And then... the slideshow is gone, and I have to start a new one. This is no good for the way I use the program. I need it to proceed with the exact "playlist" of images (and songs) it had started on. That way, I will eventually have gone through all the images once. I have reveiwed all the images I wanted to have a look at, in other words.

I could explain what the point is, but unless you ask, I won't bore you. Here is how you can test how the version in operation works:

Right-click on Audio and go to "More Play Options" and choose "Play (shuffled)"
Right-click on Images and go to "More Play Options" and choose "Play (shuffled)"
Press [Delete] and make a choice between the three alternatives. (Use [Arrow Right] to skip to another image if you don't want to delete the first one that comes up.)

Did the music stop? - If yes, I will not use the version in question. As I said, MC23 works great for me. After pressing DELETE and choosing either alternative, when moving the mouse pointer towards the top of the screen, it says "0:00 / live", which means the slideshow is paused on the image after the one you deleted. A touch on SPACE gets it going again, immediately proceeding to the next image.

Did the music continue? Good. Did the slideshow also proceed, with a little nudge by [SPACE]? If yes, very good, but now we must try one more thing: Right-click on the image and choose Edit Image... Do something to it, and Apply, Save & Exit. Does the music still continue? Is the slideshow still on? On MC23, the music will always go undisturbed, and the slideshow sometimes pauses but is still intact, but sometimes it goes away, which I wish it never did.

So, simply put:

I wish for MC33 to keep the music playing and keep the slideshow going even when I delete or edit images.

This is the most important behavioural feature of the program. I appreciate of course many of the other features. This is the only one that has evolved the wrong way, and I can't live with this specific behaviour. Please, see if you can make this work as it used to. It was ok on all versions I owned and tried up to and including 23, and on none I have purchased or (have) tested (for me) since.

Sincerely, me.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Behaviour when playing audio and images simultaneously
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2024, 08:38:08 am »

I just deleted an image while music was playing and it kept playing fine.  Image playback should be in a separate zone from the audio.  If you're seeing something else, we'll need more details.  Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Deenfan

• Recent member
Re: Behaviour when playing audio and images simultaneously
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2024, 09:39:43 am »

Hi, and thank you, Matt! I will eagerly anticipate MC33, then!  :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up