INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Volume control in Mac is hijacked  (Read 377 times)

boxer

• Recent member
Volume control in Mac is hijacked
« on: August 05, 2024, 10:42:27 am »

Hello,

Having an issue with Media Center that when it is open it hijacks the controls to only affect the internal level of the app.

This is problematic because the overall system volume cannot be controlled. I'm running MacOS 14.3.1.

I've tried all the different settings available when clicking the Speaker icon next to the volume bar inside the app. I have also tried settings in the options and I'm making sure that Open Device with Exclusive Access is not checked in Core Audio Settings. What else could be the issue here?

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Volume control in Mac is hijacked
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2024, 04:15:22 pm »

Hello,

Having an issue with Media Center that when it is open it hijacks the controls to only affect the internal level of the app.

This is problematic because the overall system volume cannot be controlled. I'm running MacOS 14.3.1.

I've tried all the different settings available when clicking the Speaker icon next to the volume bar inside the app. I have also tried settings in the options and I'm making sure that Open Device with Exclusive Access is not checked in Core Audio Settings. What else could be the issue here?
Are you saying that you want MC TO control the system volume or to NOT control the system volume?
What device are you selecting in MC's Audio settings?

boxer

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2024, 05:56:56 pm »

Regardless of what device is chosen is MC's settings, once the application is running, the volume controls no longer displays the gray sound level overlay that is typical of Mac OS's. Does that help to answer your question?

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2024, 10:21:38 am »

If you don't want MC to use the media keys (which generates the overlay) go into MC's settings and under
General->Advanced->Media Key Mode set to disabled.
Restart MC for the change to take effect.

boxer

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2024, 09:57:31 am »

That does it, thank you.
Pages: [1]   Go Up