Devices > Video Cards, Monitors, Televisions, and Projectors

HDR 4k UHD source video: audio but no video

(1/2) > >>

mstan:
I haven't been using JRiver for video for awhile until the Olympics where it's ability to skip commercials is such a timesaver.   I would like to use MC for all video but I can't get MC to display video for 4k UHD HDR video in HDR mode.   I don't know if the problem is my mediocre hardware (Intel NUC 11th gen i3 UHD graphics), HDMI cable  or MC.   

When trying to playback a ripped 4k UHD version of Bladerunner 2049, for example, it is clearly running playing audio but no video is displayed on the LG OLED (48C2).   I have got HDR turned on in WIN10 and the default HDR settings in MC32.   If I turn HDR off in Windows, the 4k video plays fine in SDR mode.   So is the Intel GPU not capable of playing back 4k HDR?   Or perhaps HDMI cabling?  I am using short (6') cable but it isn't premium certified.   Or some settings in MC?   Advice appreciated.

JimH:
Maybe here:  https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/JRVR_-_JRiver_Video_Renderer/Configuration

jmone has posted about HDR, too.

mstan:
Ok, Jim.   I tried the "performance" and "balanced" quality presets.  Same result.   Now the quality preset is stuck on balanced and I can't change it back to performance (where it probably belongs given my GPU).  When I click on the performance radio button and then load preset nothing changes - it remains on balanced.   How do I change it back?

JimH:
That wiki topic has a section on HDR.

Also, do a Google search for jriver HDR.  Here's an example of what's been discussed before:

https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=134038.0

mstan:
The HDR Wiki just tells me I can load various quality presets.  I know that and have done it except now I want to unload one preset and load another or just not load any presets and go back to default.  It doesn't say HOW to do that.

Update:  I just successfully set the quality preset back to "performance."   I have no idea why the "load preset" button popped up the overwrite message this time but it did and it stuck.   Anyway, the original problem remains: how to get  HDR source video to the screen in HDR format.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version