INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRemote stopped working [Solved]  (Read 245 times)

curiousMonkey

• Galactic Citizen
JRemote stopped working [Solved]
« on: August 25, 2024, 07:31:30 pm »

I tried to watch a movie this afternoon and JRemote (v3.42) would not connect to the PC. It had been working just fine for a long time before this.

I was able to start the movie directly from the PC and it played flawlessly. I disabled Windows firewall and this did NOT fix the problem. I reconfigured DLNA with and without a new keycode but this also did not solve the problem.

What else should I try? MC32 is working just fine but it is really inconvenient to have lost use of the remote.
HTPC - Windows 11 64-bit Minisforum MS-01

JVC NX7, Panamorph Paladin DCR, Stewart ST130 G4 140" 2.4:1, Anthem AVM 70, Aerial Acoustics 7T/7CC/10T, Rythmik F18 (2), Paradigm Servo-15, MiniDSP 2x4 HD, Sony UBP-X800 Mk2

curiousMonkey

• Galactic Citizen
Re: JRemote stopped working
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2024, 07:40:49 pm »

I got it working by disabling the VPN on my iPad. I am a little surprised that I did not see this sooner because I typically have VPN enabled. Any secrets for getting JRemote to work with a VPN?
HTPC - Windows 11 64-bit Minisforum MS-01

JVC NX7, Panamorph Paladin DCR, Stewart ST130 G4 140" 2.4:1, Anthem AVM 70, Aerial Acoustics 7T/7CC/10T, Rythmik F18 (2), Paradigm Servo-15, MiniDSP 2x4 HD, Sony UBP-X800 Mk2

Cinelder

• World Citizen
Re: JRemote stopped working
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2024, 12:52:31 pm »

I got it working by disabling the VPN on my iPad. I am a little surprised that I did not see this sooner because I typically have VPN enabled. Any secrets for getting JRemote to work with a VPN?

Don't know if this relates to your specific situation, but I've found when streaming movies (not music) away from my home network to JRemote (or MO 4Media), depending on the connection, the additional speed penalty from the VPN has sometimes been a factor, i.e., the issue for me has been whether the connection speed is up to the streaming requirement, rather than a problem with JRemote itself.  Consistent with that, it might be useful also to review the video quality and audio transcoding settings in JRemote.
Pages: [1]   Go Up