INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Playing Now Popup skin "Top Toolbar"  (Read 595 times)

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Playing Now Popup skin "Top Toolbar"
« on: September 29, 2024, 02:42:39 am »

Note: For a trouble-free experience with this skin, you must be using MC 33.0.30 or higher

Top Toolbar
This skin has no dynamic components at all. The popup will look this way at all times, regardless of the current standard view skin. It's designed to sit along the top of the screen offering the ability to rate the previous or current track, as well as adjust the volume, along with the expected transport controls, and other useful information via tooltips.

Top Toolbar has been produced on a screen using a 1920 x 1200 resolution @ 100% on Windows 10 Pro. Feedback from users on other platforms and/or resolutions, good or bad, is especially appreciated.

For the curious, the initial release and testing thread can be found here.

The attached archive contains an mjp file. Extract and double click this mjp file. MC will automatically download and install the skin.

Thank you, and enjoy :)

Update 13/10/2024:
Added "Pressed" state images for the volume up/down, and minimize/maximize buttons.
Added "font size" rules.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Playing Now Popup skin "Top Toolbar"
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2024, 03:40:54 am »

Thank you, marko!

jkrzok

• World Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2024, 06:15:31 pm »

I'm very happy with this skin. It looks fine on my win11 4k (100%) display with the popup itself set at 150% (My eyesight ain't THAT good.)

I would really love to use this as a bottom toolbar though but I don't see the click here when done at all unless I change skins to move the pop up. And of course I can't snug the pop up to the top of the taskbar as that click spot disappears off the screen. Is there a keyboard shortcut I could use to finish the move?

Perhaps I'll just look to moving the taskbar to the top of the screen. But with decades of looking for it at the bottom... Perhaps I'm just too old for that fundamental of a change.

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2024, 10:42:05 pm »

I just tried this, and here's what I found here, on Windows 10...

I have my taskbar at the bottom, locked. I can move the popup to the bottom, the click here area is over the taskbar, but the popup floats up and lines itself neatly along the top of the toolbar.

I moved my taskbar to the top, then moved the popup tight to the bottom, the click here area is off screen. Hit the Enter key. Popup closes, but press ctrl+i to bring it back, and it's right there where I placed it, tight along the bottom of the screen.

Hope that helps a little bit.

-marko.

EnglishTiger

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2024, 02:27:36 am »

Moving a Popup on the Mac Platform is far easier to moving it on the Win Platform.

Instead of dividing the Popup into 2 parts; the smaller *Drag here to move* section and the larger "Click here when done" one on the Mac the whole Popup is the "Drag here to move* section and releasing the mouse button replaces the need to click in the  "Click here when done" section on the Win Platform.

jkrzok

• World Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2024, 07:45:52 pm »

I just tried this, and here's what I found here, on Windows 10...

I have my taskbar at the bottom, locked. I can move the popup to the bottom, the click here area is over the taskbar, but the popup floats up and lines itself neatly along the top of the toolbar.

I moved my taskbar to the top, then moved the popup tight to the bottom, the click here area is off screen. Hit the Enter key. Popup closes, but press ctrl+i to bring it back, and it's right there where I placed it, tight along the bottom of the screen.

Hope that helps a little bit.

-marko.

That does all i asked for. Many thanks for your help and your wonderful skins. They greatly enhance my JRiver experience.

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2024, 04:27:29 am »

That does all i asked for. Many thanks for your help and your wonderful skins. They greatly enhance my JRiver experience.
Thank you for taking the time to say so. It's appreciated. If you notice, and if you have time, could you confirm it's still working correctly for you now that it has font size instructions?
---------------------

Update 13/10/2024:
Added "Pressed" state images for the volume up/down, and minimize/maximize buttons.
Added "font size" rules.
----------

Font sizes should be fixed from MC33.0.30 for Mac. This returns a little more control over the presentation of the popup to the skin creator.
Have any Linux users tried these skins? Are they presenting as shown in the example in the first post?

Files on the server have been updated. Double click your mjp file to get the latest version of the skin.

-marko
Pages: [1]   Go Up