INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: settings is at 120 hz, but cursor is moving like its 40 hz or something  (Read 422 times)

tkolsto

• Galactic Citizen

settings is at 120 hz, but cursor is moving like its 40 hz(a bit stuttery behaviour) or something. I always use to have it at 60 hz, but now I want to change to 120hz. then this happen. I either have to restart windows once more or go in and change to another hz then it is normal again, so I have to change back again to get 120 hz.
never encounter this behaviour before.

windows 11
32 gb ram
i5 12600kf
rtx 3050

tkolsto

• Galactic Citizen
Re: settings is at 120 hz, but cursor is moving like its 40 hz or something
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2024, 03:57:00 pm »

Looks like it only happen at 120hz, when I let it stay on 60 like I used to, then it looks like this does not happen. Maybe I Am a bit early on reporting this. but I started the pc now and it was no problem(I changed it yesterday evening).

zybex

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: settings is at 120 hz, but cursor is moving like its 40 hz or something
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2024, 06:23:46 am »

When auto refresh-rate change is enabled, MC (or MadVR) will change the rate to match the movie being played, often 24hz. It then sometimes fails to switch back to the original frequency when the player is closed (or crashes), leaving the screen at a low frequency and making the mouse jumpy like that. If you minimize the player during playback the frequency is also not reverted because the playback is still going (even if paused). So during video playback, jumpy mouse is expected.

Check the display OSD to check the actual current refresh rate. On some Windows display drivers, pressing CTRL+ALT+F8 reverts the display mode/freq back to normal.

Graphics may also be reverting back to a lower/failsafe frequency if the cable transport can't support the needed bandwidth and has too many transmit errors. Try a better HDMI cable.

tkolsto

• Galactic Citizen

Yeah, I know about that, happens sometimes. This is different...this is when I start my PC and use my mouse and the cursor does not follow evenly, it stutters a bit, everything shows 120 hz..but something does now communicate properly and give this result. I check that everthing is ok, I check tv is showing 120hz with the remote and np and windows settings too. all is 120 hz. so then I have to change hz fourth and back in windows displaysetting. Yes during movieplay cursor is jumpy and normal. This is on a lg oled b1, not monitor.

I just started it now and now it was ok. I highly doubt it is my hdmi cable which I only hva good experiences with and I know Supra follow 4k 120hz, 48 gbps, tried to use other but always go back to the one I use now. I have to see if this happens the next couple of times..

I think when it happened I also saw some delay when selection some settings in Win setting..when I manouvered around I saw one or two times that OS did now follow properly when clicking on some of the settings.

I will have to see if this is settled now, in the days to come.

tkolsto

• Galactic Citizen

its just happened again. it is not jumpy..it just like 2 cm behind all the time and stutter
Pages: [1]   Go Up