INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Stops Loading  (Read 220 times)

TristanG

• Junior Woodchuck
Stops Loading
« on: October 11, 2024, 02:41:02 pm »

In my configuration (MC as Server - Renderer - Controler), the latest version 33.0.30 works fine on my server and my controller (Surface Book 3 as Tablet), but not on the renderer (PC with Win 7); from my tablet, I can load the server-library, but not the library from the renderer (MC has a connection and tries to do it - starts the blue progress bar - but then stops loading). So I had to switch back to MC 32 on the Renderer-PC.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Stops Loading
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2024, 02:46:50 pm »

... I can load the server-library, but not the library from the renderer ...
Configure Windows Defender on both.  Don't use another antivirus.

Firewall must also allow access.

TristanG

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2024, 06:43:43 am »

The firewall is not the problem, since I can load the Server-Library (Win 11 Pro) directly with my Tablet-PC (Surface Book 3, Win 11 Pro), also with MC32 on the Renderer-PC (Win 7), I can load the Renderer-Library - only with MC33 on the Renderer-PC, it doesn't work.

craigmcg

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2024, 06:57:40 am »

Windows 7 has no support from Microsoft whatsoever so as Awesome Donkey advised, it really should not be used. No recent version of Firefox, Chrome, or Edge will run on Windows 7 so I would expect issues with media center which has to use "browser based" functionality for some of it's functionalities. If you really must continue to use Win 7 on your pc for some reason, I'd stick with MC32 if it does still work and only expect to be able to upgrade to MC33 after upgrading to Win 11 (Win 10 loses support on Oct 14, 2025). I understand that it is really annoying to have to replace working hardware based on Microsoft OS requirements but if switching to Linux is not an option, I think that it's the lesser of evils.

TristanG

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2024, 07:41:51 am »

Thanks for advice. The point why I still use the Win 7-PC as Renderer is, that it is the PC connected with my HiFi and there is simply no Music Server PC on the market with my demands. I'm really a HiF-neard since many years and own one of the best HiFi at least here in Germany - it's simply perfect (and has several exceptional features), unfortunately with one exception: The source-PC (music server). I've read the HiFi-magazins since many, many years, but there is really no device available with my demands. Since I don't own a company and also don't know people from the HiFi industry personally, I still have to wait and to hope that one day there will be a device available with the OS and the hardware a need. So the Win 7-PC (in a black piano finish) has still to do it's job.

Jim, you're warmheartly invited to visit me, so I can show you some of the good things of my HiFi - and the point I mean concerning the source-PC!

Concerning the firewall: The configuartion is the same with MC33 as with MC32 on both PCs (Renderer and Controller). With MC32 on the Renderer, all works fine! By the way: there I have the blue progress bar while hearing/watching a music-file an skipping with the arrow-keys with a keyboard, while this doesn't work on the newer Tablet-Controller-PC with Win 11. Also with the tabs on the main view in MC as a Controller: On the Renderer (which loads the library from the Server), I have the latest Tabs (all albums, new albums etc.) after starting the program, under Win11 I always have to select them after starting - it's a littlebit annoying.

Also as I wrote in an ealier post concerning the albums in the main window: The Surface Book 3 is a Tablet PC with a pen - unfortunately, I can't scroll through the albums with the pen like in Edge or the File Explorer (see my post concerning Pen Scrolling). Furthermore, it would be nice to consider my suggestions concerning meta data tagging in mkv's like flacs and so on (see my posts). That's the reason why I still by MC each year - unfortunately these suggestions were not implemented until today (hopefully in the future since I really appreciate the software!).

craigmcg

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2024, 11:48:21 am »

Out of curiosity - what is this perfect source pc that you must keep using due to your hardware/audio requirements? I'd like to Google the specs.

Thanks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up