INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Short Cut Keys for Skipping inside track?  (Read 185 times)

David Sydney

• Galactic Citizen
Short Cut Keys for Skipping inside track?
« on: October 12, 2024, 01:20:25 am »

I have created a single FLAC file from digitising an LP. Now I am in the process of creating a CUE text file to outline the tracks and times so eventually the Single FLAC can be split up. The FLAC file is 1hr37 min or so, long.

When playing the track I cant find a way to cue to a point in time. Clicking somewhere on the progress bar ends up quitting the file every time. While playing, hitting Left Arrow, Ctrl+Arrow, Alt+Arrow etc does not seem to skip to a new position in the track. Is there a shortcut key for going to a position in a track? Otherwise I have to sit through playing the file at single speed several times... I am afraid I might get sick of hearing the start of the track 1 if I have to do this.

Any tips from anyone?
Dave
------
Linux Manjaro 24 / Windows 10 Pro | i7 14700K Gigabyte Z790 UD AX | JRMark 10253 | Realtek Integrated HDAudio SPDIF | PC Sound = 1/ Yamaha TSS-15 5.1 Speaker System, 2/ SMSL SU-1 DAC + TA-66 Tube Headphone Amp + Klipsch ProMedia Heritage 2.1 Speakers | HiFi Sound = 1/ Network DLNA to WiiM Ultra Streamer + Advaned Paris A10 Amp in Music Room, 2/ DLNA to Yamaha RX-V777 AV Receiver in Living Room & Outside Deck, 3/ DLNA to Paired Yamaha WiFi WX-010 MusicCast Speakers to Outside Areas

dtc

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Short Cut Keys for Skipping inside track?
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2024, 06:18:37 am »

I would suggest getting Vinyl Studio. It makes it easy to split the tracks into individual files, including taking out the silence between tracks. That will make it much easier than using cue files going forward. You can also take the pops and clicks out pretty easily. Well worth the price.

David Sydney

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2024, 08:58:43 pm »

Thanks dtc, but am not in the market for new software tool with only one file to work on.. I have a new Talk Talk 180g vinyl record that had included with it a Audio Only DVD of 192/32 of the album. So being an audio DVD I am between a rock and a hard place since MC will rip CDs as audio and also DVD as movies but not Audio DVDs. So I have a rip of the soundtrack using VLC I am trying to set a cue file so MC can break it up into multiple (FLAC to FALC) using the cue file. Done this many times but this time I need to create my own cue file. Using Vinyl studio would be a step backwards.

Anyone else with some tips on skipping to a point in the track while playing?
Dave
------
Linux Manjaro 24 / Windows 10 Pro | i7 14700K Gigabyte Z790 UD AX | JRMark 10253 | Realtek Integrated HDAudio SPDIF | PC Sound = 1/ Yamaha TSS-15 5.1 Speaker System, 2/ SMSL SU-1 DAC + TA-66 Tube Headphone Amp + Klipsch ProMedia Heritage 2.1 Speakers | HiFi Sound = 1/ Network DLNA to WiiM Ultra Streamer + Advaned Paris A10 Amp in Music Room, 2/ DLNA to Yamaha RX-V777 AV Receiver in Living Room & Outside Deck, 3/ DLNA to Paired Yamaha WiFi WX-010 MusicCast Speakers to Outside Areas

dtc

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2024, 09:18:23 pm »

You can convert DVD audio using DVD Audio Extractor.

Personally, I would much rather have a set of files with individual tracks rather than a cue file, but that is up to you.

Both DVD Audio Extractor and Vinyl Studio have trial versions.

David Sydney

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2024, 03:53:00 am »

Thanks dtc I will look into that one. The cue is a means to an end. I was not going to end with one file + a Cue file. MC can break a single FLAC into multiple tracks loseless, by using 'Convert Format' FLAC -> FLAC and then delete the cue file and large original FLAC. I have done this several times.
Dave
------
Pages: [1]   Go Up