INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Qoubus integrated with JRiver ?  (Read 712 times)

BerntF

Qoubus integrated with JRiver ?
« on: October 20, 2024, 01:42:24 am »

Hi
Seems to be hard, if possible? to integrate Qoubus to JRiver.
Is there any simple solution to this.

BerntF

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Qoubus integrated with J River ?
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2024, 03:58:15 am »

We have no plans for Qobuz.

You can use the WDM driver to route sound through MC.

Angelo58

• Recent member
Re: Qoubus integrated with J River ?
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2024, 09:18:09 pm »

We have no plans for Qobuz.

You can use the WDM driver to route sound through MC.

I'm a MC beginner so I didn't understand.
Is it possible a easy instruction?
Thank you

JimH

• Administrator

Angelo58

• Recent member
Re: Qoubus integrated with JRiver ?
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2024, 01:19:14 am »

Thank you. I read it, but no mention for Qobuz.
How can I streaming Qobuz by JRiver?

Awesome Donkey

• Administrator
  • Autumn shade...
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2024, 01:48:07 am »

The WDM driver is a virtual audio driver that can be used with other apps outside of Media Center. Which means you'd have to load up and use the existing Qobuz (or Tidal) app with Media Center running at the same time and set the Qobuz (or Tidal) app to use Media Center's WDM driver as the audio output in order for the audio to be piped through Media Center. There is no Qobuz (or Tidal) integration in Media Center itself, so it relies on the existing Qobuz (or Tidal) app running alongside it with the WDM driver piping the audio through it. This may not be desirable as it requires the Qobuz (or Tidal) app to be running too but it's the only way to playback Qobuz (or Tidal) through Media Center.

Be warned though, there seems to be an ongoing issue playing back 24/192 Qobuz (or Tidal) content with the WDM driver, so that may not work.
I don't work for JRiver... I help keep the forums safe from "male enhancements" and other sources of sketchy pharmaceuticals.

Windows 11 24H2 Update 64-bit + Ubuntu 24.10 Oracular Oriole 64-bit | Windows 11 24H2 Update 64-bit (Intel N305 Fanless NUC 16GB RAM/500GB M.2 NVMe SSD)
JRiver Media Center 33 (Windows + Linux) | iFi ZEN DAC 3 | JBL 306P MkII Studio Monitors | Audio-Technica ATH-M50x Headphones

Angelo58

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2024, 02:10:51 am »

Thank you very much.
So is not necessary Bubbleupnp and creating an HomeConnect with JRiver?
The Qobuz App sees JRiver? Also from iPad?
And the streaming flows through JPlayer with all the JRiver setting and DSP and VST?

Awesome Donkey

• Administrator
  • Autumn shade...
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2024, 02:17:28 am »

The WDM driver is Windows-only and is not available on any other platform, so if you're using other platforms like Android other apps are likely necessary. No, it won't work on iOS either. Again, the WDM driver only works on Windows from playback on Windows-only.

How it'd work is the Qobuz app on Windows would see the Windows version of Media Center's virtual audio driver as an option for the audio output and you could use it as the audio output on Windows.
I don't work for JRiver... I help keep the forums safe from "male enhancements" and other sources of sketchy pharmaceuticals.

Windows 11 24H2 Update 64-bit + Ubuntu 24.10 Oracular Oriole 64-bit | Windows 11 24H2 Update 64-bit (Intel N305 Fanless NUC 16GB RAM/500GB M.2 NVMe SSD)
JRiver Media Center 33 (Windows + Linux) | iFi ZEN DAC 3 | JBL 306P MkII Studio Monitors | Audio-Technica ATH-M50x Headphones

Angelo58

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2024, 02:20:56 am »

Thank you very much, again.
I found it

But if I want to use this remotely how can I do?

Awesome Donkey

• Administrator
  • Autumn shade...
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2024, 02:24:43 am »

Remotely to other devices? You can't, unfortunately. It'd only work locally on the Windows device both Media Center and the Qobuz app are running on to the audio output set in Media Center. If the audio output is DLNA-based (and not USB, SPDIF, etc.) it won't work either, as the WDM driver doesn't work over DLNA.

Angelo58

• Recent member
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2024, 02:45:12 am »

But my streamer dac is upnp. I can’t connect it with usb.

Awesome Donkey

• Administrator
  • Autumn shade...
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2024, 02:50:49 am »

Yeah, the WDM driver won't work with UPnP either unfortunately so it's a no-go. Unfortunately that means there's no way to play Qobuz through Media Center in your setup.

Angelo58

• Recent member
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2024, 02:54:08 am »

it's a nightmare!
I'm trying from Windows.
I launch the Qobuz app, select jriver driver. I choose a song and play it. the Qobuz application closes.

Angelo58

• Recent member
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2024, 02:55:00 am »

JRiver sees my M120 Atoll

Awesome Donkey

• Administrator
  • Autumn shade...
« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2024, 02:57:40 am »

JRiver sees my M120 Atoll

Yes, Media Center in generally can see and playback to DLNA/UPnP devices in general... but the WDM driver feature doesn't work for that. WDM driver doesn't work over DLNA/UPnP.

Angelo58

• Recent member
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2024, 03:19:23 am »

But with bubbleupnp works

Awesome Donkey

• Administrator
  • Autumn shade...
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2024, 03:27:11 am »

BubbleUPnP isn't a JRiver app, it can access JRiver's libraries via DLNA/UPnP that are on the network when Media Network is enabled.

Angelo58

• Recent member
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2024, 03:52:26 am »

Certain! but I meant that with bubbleupnp jriver receives from qobuz and sends to my Atoll via upnp.

Angelo58

• Recent member
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2024, 03:53:39 am »

unfortunately the audio stream that jriver sends to the Atoll I can't pass it through jriver's dsp or vst

Awesome Donkey

• Administrator
  • Autumn shade...
« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2024, 04:05:52 am »

Certain! but I meant that with bubbleupnp jriver receives from qobuz and sends to my Atoll via upnp.

BubbleUPnP's Qobuz implementation is its own and has nothing to do with JRiver or Media Center itself.

unfortunately the audio stream that jriver sends to the Atoll I can't pass it through jriver's dsp or vst

Correct. It doesn't work for audio passed through the WDM driver.

Angelo58

• Recent member
« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2024, 05:01:37 am »

Thanks again for your availability and clarity. However, I am very sorry because I wasted a lot of time. It would be useful to state clearly that JRiver is designed for managing local libraries and endpoints physically connected to the computer. There are other free players that allow both access to Upnp streamers and reception from streaming services by using your own DSP or other plugins and VSTs. For example Foobar2000. I would have liked JRiver more, but it is completely unusable in my case.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2024, 08:05:33 am »

JRiver supports:
Cloudplay, our own streaming service
Podcasts
Web Media
DLNA, which predates the use of "endpoint"
Client / Server using JRiver on both sides
Multiple remotes
Remote streaming from JRiver anywhere on the Internet

Your statement of what it does in only partially correct.

Angelo58

• Recent member
« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2024, 12:41:31 pm »

Thanks for your clarification, but I was trying to achieve with JRiver what many other players, even free ones, do. And the reason is that I really like the many possibilities that JRiver offers, but that become unusable for me if I can't direct JRiver to my Upnp Atoll MS120 endpoint which has no USB port. This is the answer I'm looking for but it seems that no one knows how to do it. Some hastily say that it cannot be done and that's it. Others that it can be done but can't tell me how.

Awesome Donkey

• Administrator
  • Autumn shade...
« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2024, 05:02:25 pm »

To be clear what I was referring to above was the use of Qobuz/Tidal through Media Center, not anything with a local library/files, DLNA/UPnP outputs or anything like that. Specifically I was referring to since Media Center doesn't support or integrate Qobuz/Tidal that the only way to either get Qobuz/Tidal working through Media Center is the WDM driver on Windows, which I also pointed out that the WDM driver output doesn't work through DLNA/UPnP.

Other than the Qobuz/Tidal stuff, it should be very capable.

Angelo58

• Recent member
« Reply #24 on: October 21, 2024, 10:36:56 pm »

So Radio, Podcast, CouldPlay, Web Media etc, works with Upnp endpoint, through the JRiver audio path ?

Would be very appreciative for a How To.

Thank you

Angelo58

• Recent member
« Reply #25 on: Yesterday at 01:01:26 am »

In summary, DSP and VST work perfectly from both Qobuz and Local and interact in real time, showing what is happening and completing the audio path to my Atoll Upnp, without USB connection.

I still have to experiment with the whole Streaming section of the interface, so that it behaves in the same way.

Angelo58

• Recent member
« Reply #26 on: Yesterday at 06:46:46 am »

As we wanted to demonstrate. After yesterday's results, today I tried to repeat the miracle, but I didn't succeed.
I have the impression that nobody cares and it's a real shame.
Pages: [1]   Go Up