INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Much ado about thumbnails  (Read 616 times)

Autoelph

Much ado about thumbnails
« on: January 31, 2003, 06:08:34 am »

First off, I'm still fuzzy about the whole Album/Artist (auto) issue, being one who is using and, at least up to now, still satisfied with the (Multiple Artist) distinction for compilations, while those artists also show up separately in the media library. Many comps I own because it has a song from an artist I have many other things from, so seeing it all in that artists MC catalog is essential, but I'm sure I'm not understanding the use of Album\Artist (auto) yet. If someone can clarify this for me I would greatly appreciate it.

My issue is with the thumbnail display of my Audio Library using the Artist\Album view scheme. Shouldn't (Multiple Artists) all be listed first? But they seem to spread themselves out based on a very strange criteria. Apparently MC takes the artist whose alpha\numeric character comes first on the comp, not the 1st track even, and this is it's position on the thumbnail list. Of course, when you look at the library in the tree breakdown of Artist\Album mode, all the (MA)'s are listed absolutely first. I can see that when I switch to list mode, this is the actual criteria being used and the thumbnails are following this.

Aw geez, I need a drink...I'm sure somebody must know a better way to do this?
Pages: [1]   Go Up