INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: yet another licensing problem this upsets me  (Read 1228 times)

kaffien

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
yet another licensing problem this upsets me
« on: January 30, 2003, 10:24:48 pm »

I was a good upstanding citizen and bought media jukebox and for some reason i cannot install my license fille i backed up.  i pre ordered the media jukebox 9  and it worked great ... computer crashed and i tried to reinstall the license and it will not let me. this is rather fustrating. not sure if it helps but heres the exact error

Error restoring Media Center license: Invalid license, error code= 16

whats more annoying is my email isnt even in the database for restoring my license.  someone please help

Vivarin

• Recent member
Re: yet another licensing problem this upsets me
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2003, 11:38:33 pm »

They just helped me with this yesterday.  That error code means your key is over 2 weeks old.  You have to get a new one through the email and use a restore.  If your email isn't working you may have to email one of the developers here and get it worked out.

kaffien

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2003, 01:07:07 am »

Ah i see it was registered under my mothers email anyhow one thing that kinda disturbs me is i have no hard copy of a working KEY ... i have 10 restores left it said i work alot in A+ so i format rather often does this mean that once my 10 are gone i love media jb and have to pay another 45 canadian?

rocketsauce

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2003, 02:46:11 am »

You get 10 restores per year.  When the program was purchased, you should have received an email with the key at whatever email address you used for registration.  If you don't have that email, you should be able to see what your key is by looking in MJ Help/Registration Info.

Rob

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2003, 04:36:11 am »

Just don't install your key right away after a format. Wait for the 30 day trial to expire, then install your key. Between the 30 day trial, 10 restores a year, and a lifespan of 2 weeks for a license, you should be all set for the year.
Pages: [1]   Go Up