INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Feature Request: Burn filenames from properties.  (Read 732 times)

nila

Feature Request: Burn filenames from properties.
« on: January 16, 2003, 09:09:05 am »

This is a feature I'm really begging for.
As handhelds, in car cd players and other devices that can read mp3's become more popular the filename of files becomes more important. If we're burning an mp3 cd for use in our car, the car cd player cant display long filenames. There is currently no way to rename file names on the cd. They just automatically have the original file name.

I'd like a column that is: filename that we can edit on the burn cd screen so we can choose any filename we want for the file when it's burnt.

That way we can burn files using different names other than their original ones. MOST burning software supports this.

Also, I'd like to have a tool to create the filename automatically from the properties.

I know this would make a LOT of difference for me for my in car cd player and I'm sure a lot of other people with portables would find it equally as useful.

Would it be possible to get a reply as to whether or not you might add this for v9?

Pretty please :)

nila

Re: Feature Request: Burn filenames from propertie
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2003, 05:18:07 pm »

bumpidy bump bump ;0)

MachineHead

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2003, 06:41:02 pm »

Doesn't MJ-MC truncate names now? Or is that something you don't want it to do? I've never really paid that much attention to the file names when I'm driving anyway. Ditches can be rough on the undercarriage.  :P

nila

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2003, 02:36:14 am »

It truncates them but that just chops the file names and looses the last few characters.

I mean more to specifically specify the naming format.

This would also count for transfering songs to mp3 players etc.

Standard options I think when transfering to any device should include:  
  • naming format for songs on new device
  • and also if possible: bitrate on new device.

This would make MJ the PERFECT companion to any portable player as it could be set to keep it's original perfect quality library but be used to easily in one step transfer them to your player at any quality with any names.

I know this can be done currently with a few steps but to make it all in an easy one step process would really make it the one choice tool for anyone with a portable player.
    It'd be a GREAT marketting angle and a great tool.

On my computer all my songs are:
    Artist - Album/Artist - Album - Track # - Name

on my cd's I'd LOVE to have them all:
    Genre/Artist - Album - Year/Track # - Name

It wouldn't be too hard to do either as MJ already has all the code built in for name changing depending on properties, it'd simply have to be incorporated into the options for this task
Pages: [1]   Go Up