INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: EAC Created CDImage and MC-MJ  (Read 1309 times)

MachineHead

EAC Created CDImage and MC-MJ
« on: January 19, 2003, 09:36:33 am »

Any chance of getting MC-MJ to read these cue sheets the same as EAC? MJ (it's what I have installed at the moment) can import the CDImage file, but without all the track markers. It also writes to cd as one long wav file. Or, am I missing something with a 'standard' cue sheet that needs to go with the image? Anyway, I tried both MJ and EAC for this little test. The EAC copy comes out just as the original. Stands to reason, since it created the file in the first place.

There are a few cds I have where this would be real handy. Many have crossfading right in the original and the CDimage captures this well. Along with the request that MC be able to do full erasing on cd-rw, this would be the next big feature that I'd like to see if possible with MC's new burning engine.

MachineHead

Re: EAC Created CDImage and MC-MJ
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2003, 12:00:24 am »

ADDITIONAL: EAC can also split the same CDImage and turn it into seperate tracks automatically. How good can MC become....

sertua

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2003, 12:55:29 am »

This would be a very usefull feature for me as well  :)

zevele10

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2003, 12:48:32 pm »

i think this is the JRiver's people challenge:
that we forget about EAC

MachineHead

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2003, 01:48:39 pm »

I'd gladly forget about it if MC did as much as this thing did. I do not use it that much, but I keep discovering little gems hidden in there. First time I processed a wav was yesterday. Unbelievable graphing. That's one of the reason I'll continue to use it.

Some others:

Create .m3u playlist upon extraction.
Create CRC checksum for file validation. Still learning this one.
Hate to say it, but simultaneous ripping and encoding is much faster with EAC. Although I typically rip to wav or ape and then convert from there.
I'm sure there are more yet to be discovered.

Also, I don't think MJ-MC should really worry about EAC. They seem to work together as good team. Just wish I didn't have to learn a bunch of programs to get what I want.

zevele10

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2003, 02:05:34 am »

not a very enlighted user ,i use EAC only for one raison;
you put cds one after one in the cdr.
Let say 50 and when back home you have your mp3 192 kps vrb on your drive.
If such a thing in MC i would not use EAC anymore.

MachineHead

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2003, 02:20:17 pm »

You can do this with MJ-MC. Usually I look up all cds ahead of time so I can just stuff 'em in and rip to wav. It's fast with MJ-MC. Next I click on a view scheme based on file type=wav. Select all and convert to whatever format you desire. I cheat and use alt preset fast extreme. It sounds great, and may be overkill, but I have the room for the files anyway.

Come back home from work and 200 brand spanking new mp3's await me. Hard to beat this part of MJ-MC. Batch encoding works like a charm and I have used it for a ton of converts / encodes.  8)

zevele10

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2003, 02:30:48 pm »

you mean:
you put the first cd ==rip to wav
when finish ,the converting to mp3 starts
and you still put one cd after one ,each of them being rip to wav ,with still other tracks converted to mp3?

It is like it with EAC.
It means that you do not need to wait to have rip all your cds to wav to start converting to mp3.
You just put them in the cd-r and there is not other settings or manipulation to do

Pages: [1]   Go Up