INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Anyway to do these things with MC9  (Read 707 times)

jantypas

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
Anyway to do these things with MC9
« on: January 21, 2003, 10:44:43 am »

I tried with MJ 8 but to no avail...

1. Is there a PPC Plugin that understands external stroage cards?
The current plug-in only wants to put songs in main memory.  I have 512MB of SDCard space I'd like to use.  Can one convince the plug in to put it there?

2. On MC9, with Music Server, I see how it could work if I didn't have a firewall in the way, but I want an INTERNAL server.
Is there a way to just make Music01 server on a LOCAL net without having to go out to the Internet nad back?  First of all, bandwidth on the upstream isn't great and second, it's unnecessary.

RemyJ

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Anyway to do these things with MC9
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2003, 02:29:41 pm »

Can't answer question 1 but question 2 is easy....  Neither the client nor the media server know anything about "the internet".    The server listens on all IP addresses assigned to the machine it's running on.  The client attempts a connection to whatever IP address you tell it.  If you tell it your public IP address, you have a good chance of routing out to your ISP and back.  If you tell it the private IP address your firewall/router assigned the server, you'll stay local.

If you're in doubt about the IP addresses assigned to the server, open a command prompt and type "ipconfig".  A private IP address will most likely start with 10, 169, or 192.

Fedora 38 x86_64 Xfce
Pages: [1]   Go Up