INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MULTIPLE ARTISTS FEATURE  (Read 1795 times)

kimiko337

• nothing more to say...
MULTIPLE ARTISTS FEATURE
« on: January 19, 2003, 10:47:42 am »

How do I take a file out of the Multiple Artists section?  For some reason I have songs under this section and they are not multiple artists.  Thank you for any help you can provide!

Polonio

• Galactic Citizen
Re: MULTIPLE ARTISTS FEATURE
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2003, 11:00:36 am »

I think this can be due because tracks are located in different folders. Maybe, you have others songs in same folder.

I am not sure. But I bet it is something related with path location.

I don't know eighter if this is a bug or a feature, but I experienced similar problem a couple of days ago.

Test it.

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2003, 12:14:09 pm »

E:\My Music\Various\Various - Club Cutz 2 - 12 - All My Dreams (Don't Ever Leave).mp3

They Are All Listed As Multiple Artists section

So Make Sure It Does Not Have

Various And Various Artists In The Path And File Name.

you can then use the rename fuction to Move the file And Rename it with the correct artist name.

It may Also have Something To Do With Track # If it is listed in the Multiple Artists (Incomplete)
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

Autoelph

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2003, 06:24:38 pm »

I have found that "Multiple Artists" gets used when you have different artists on the same album (like a Soundtrack). If you tag your compilations to have the artist field as "various" then you wouldn't have the "Multiple Artists" listing.

Rands

• Galactic Citizen
  • How am I supposed to enjoy this with you crying?
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2003, 07:43:03 am »

It'd be nice if I could rename "(Multiple Artists)" to something else.  In my collection, that usually means a compilation and, in my file heirarchy, they're all in a folder called !Compilations, so it'd be nice if MC9 could reflect that.
Toast goes in the toaster.

Polonio

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2003, 10:19:13 am »

It'd be nice if I could rename "(Multiple Artists)" to something else.  In my collection, that usually means a compilation and, in my file heirarchy, they're all in a folder called !Compilations, so it'd be nice if MC9 could reflect that.

Yes, yes! And non-english speaking people would be able to translate it to owr own language.

kimiko337

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2003, 03:08:58 pm »

IS THERE ANY WAY TO JUST DELETE THIS FEATURE?  I DID NOTICE SOME OF THE FILES ARE FROM SOUNDTRACKS.  HOW DO I CHANGE THE FILE SO THAT IT DOES NOT APPEAR AS MULTIPLE ARTISTS?  ALSO SOME ARE JUST REGULAR FILES IN A FOLDER.  I HAVE OTHER FILES IN THE SAME FOLDER THAT ARE NOT INCLUDED IN THE MULTIPLE ARTISTS SECTION.  THANK YOU!

Autoelph

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2003, 06:11:55 pm »

It's based on your ID3 tags, not your folder hierarchy or folder name. If you  have certain files with different artists listed in the artists field of the tag BUT the same album name in the album field of the tags, these will be called:

(Multiple Artists) - Album Name

I'm not sure of any other option here, really. It's a program thing, meaning the (Multiple Artists) is what the progammers decided on as a default for that scenario I detailed above. Could there be an alternate naming option, I suppose, but aren't we talking about apples vs apples?

Luigi1943

• World Citizen
  • I'd rather be sailing
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2003, 09:23:22 pm »

One of the possibilities is that you have several albums with the same album name (i.e. "Greatest Hits")
Luigi1943

gpvillamil

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Listen to the music...
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2003, 03:41:50 am »

I like the multiple artists feature as is, but...

Sometimes it would be nice to list all the artists across multi-artist CDS. For example, I have a lot of compilations including songs by Moby. It would be interesting to see all the songs by Moby, including those on both single artist (all Moby) and multiple artist albums.

However, let me reiterate that the feature for classifying albums as singe or multiple artist, and complete or incomplete, is brilliant and effective.

Autoelph

« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2003, 04:24:50 am »

The "Greatest Hits" or "Best Of"'s or "live" could be a problem, but it would seem that the guys at JRiver figured a way around that one too. I suppose the rule is, if all the artists name are the same in the tags, lets say Marvin Gaye, and the album is "Greatest Hits", it won't collide with "Sarah Vaughn - Greatest Hits". I even have Peter Gabriel - Up and REM - Up, and they both show as different albums, they don't collide into a (Multiple Artists) grouping.

If you want to see all of Mobys' songs, go to the search function at the top of your media library view, and put in the artist search criteria of "moby". Every Moby song will appear no matter what album it resides on, and you can then send this list to Playing Now. You now have a Mobypalooza.
Pages: [1]   Go Up