INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Feature Request: More than one artist to a track?  (Read 889 times)

FlyingCowOfDoom

• Recent member
  • smarter than the average rock
Feature Request: More than one artist to a track?
« on: November 30, 2002, 07:33:33 pm »

Maybe there is a way to do this already, but would it be possible to assign more than one artist to a song?  

Also, assigning more than one album to a song would be cool too.  For example, I have a few "greatest hits" albums that have songs that I have from other albums as well.  I'd like to be able to assign the same song to both albums.

--FCOD

lee269

• Citizen of the Universe
  • sleep eat sleep eat sleep eat
Re: Feature Request: More than one artist to a tra
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2002, 08:29:56 am »

FCOD:

Multiple artists - AFAIK theres no perfect way of doing this, but you can add any number of custom database fields (Tools/Options/Tree and View Settings) to store additional information. Its a complex problem. Search the board for 'multiple artists genres', 'featured artists', 'classical music' - a few people have discussed how they cope with this type of thing in recent times.

Multiple albums - again, AFAIK no specific way of doing this. Im assuming you want more than one database item to point to the same file. I guess it might be possible to import a 'dummy' file and then change its properties to point to a file you have previously imported. Not sure how/if this would work though - for a start you can only have one cover art picture associated with each file.

Leffe

• nothing more to say...
Re: Feature Request: More than one artist to a tra
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2003, 12:07:46 pm »

I like the way it is implemented in Windows Media Player. There you just assign several artists separated by semi-colon and you can see the track under each of the artists separately. The same with genres.

/Leffe ::)
rgds, Leffe
Pages: [1]   Go Up