INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How can I fix coverart information?  (Read 915 times)

Polonio

• Galactic Citizen
How can I fix coverart information?
« on: January 13, 2003, 03:38:09 pm »

I did a clean installatin few days ago (MC 9.0.88).

I have all my coverart located in each album folder (folder.jpg). As you know, this is the way XP likes. This also seems to me the most useful way to organize coverarts.

Unfortunately, something went wrong and MC did not find the images. After importing all files, there exists 3 different cases:

1) Some tracks do not show any "image" information. Just <empty>. MC9 does not shows the cover art for these files.

2) Some tracks have a path under the image field. This path points to C:/My music/.../.../folder.jpg. However, my music files and its coverarts are located in another drive (E:), so MC does not show the cover art for these files either. (a couple or three month ago I used MJ8, and then I had my music in C: drive).

3) Finally, some files are tagged just with "folder.jpg". MC9 does recognise these images, and show them properly.

How can I fix this mess? When I try to edit the "image" tag, the "edit" option appers grayed. Is this a bug?

Best regards,

Polonio

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: How can I fix coverart information?
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2003, 04:07:31 pm »

Did you go to "TOOLS', "OPTIONS", Scroll Down To "FILENAME AND LOCATION" Make sure the path to coverart is correct.

Then Did you select All The Files You Wish To Apply Coverart, Then Select Tools, Then Select, Get Coverart From The Internet.

When The Box Comes Up, Select The Combo Box And Select "OFFLINE (USE ALREADT DOWNLOADED COVERART).

?
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

Polonio

• Galactic Citizen
Re: How can I fix coverart information?
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2003, 04:26:25 pm »

Did you go to "TOOLS', "OPTIONS", Scroll Down To "FILENAME AND LOCATION" Make sure the path to coverart is correct.

Well, I have each album in a different folder, and the coverart is right there. I do not have a folder with all images.

So this configuration does not seems useful for my situation.

I think.

Then Did you select All The Files You Wish To Apply Coverart, Then Select Tools, Then Select, Get Coverart From The Internet.

When The Box Comes Up, Select The Combo Box And Select "OFFLINE (USE ALREADT DOWNLOADED COVERART).

?

I did not until now. However, MC9 has not find the images either.

And more: I Selected all files from an album. I selected "Remove" from the Image dialog (in the properties window). I Selected "Update Tags (from library)". I deleted these files from library. And finally reimported. ĦThe image tag was still there, and it is wrong! ĦIt is poing to my c: drive! (my music is in e:).

Mmmm...

Pages: [1]   Go Up