INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: CD Burning Question- Easy Answer?  (Read 988 times)

Bstronger

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
CD Burning Question- Easy Answer?
« on: January 13, 2003, 08:57:41 am »

Quick Question... I have Mediacenter 9.0.88 and when I burn CD's the last few tracks get alot of Pop nd fuzz on them... I have disabled Norton AV-hen I burn and encode to the hard drive first but it does not seem to help. It seems like the last time I had this problem that I had updated Nero and Windows Media Player... To resolve this problem I rolled back Nero and MediaPlayer and MediaJukebox...

My Question is :

Should I rollback MediaCenter to another Rev ? or is there something I am doing wrong ? Anybody experience anything similiar to this... and if so- how did you resolve the problem... Thanks In Advance..

Also , I'm not opposed to purchasing the latest version of MediaCenter if its going to clear up a few things... I loved MediaJukebox and foresee using it for coming years..

Computer Info -----

Media Jukebox PLUS 9.0.88 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Jukebox\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
Intel Celeron 400 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 294 MB, Free - 50 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 6.00.2800.1106 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106
Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1145wnaspi32.dll: 4.71 (0001) , ASPI for Win32         DLL, Copyright © 1989-2002 Adaptec, Inc. / Aspi32.sys: 4.71 (0001)

Ripping /   Drive D:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive E:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: No /  Copy volume: 32767
 Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: Yes  Soundfile:   chord.wav

Burning /  Drive E: SAMSUNG CD-R/RW SW-232B   Addr: 1:1:0  Speed:32  MaxSpeed:32  Lib:3  GHS:1  Use MJ Engine:Yes
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: No /  Two second gap: No /  Write CD-Text: No
 Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

JohnT

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: CD Burning Question- Easy Answer?
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2003, 09:17:12 am »

I'm not sure what would be happening. Have you tried a slow burning speed (4X) to see if it makes a difference?
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

Bstronger

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
Re: CD Burning Question- Easy Answer?
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2003, 09:22:39 am »

John T..

Thanks for your response... No I have not tried to slow down the burning speed... I did upgrade my machine a while back with a samsung sw-232... (32 speed burner) and I was amazed at the difference in burnib speed from 4x to 32x...

Funny you mentioned that because lately the burning in Media center takes a long time (when praparing to write the tracks). The burning speed is still lightning however...

It seems like preparing track to write is taking a heckuva long time to do it's thing....
Pages: [1]   Go Up