INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: v9 questions.  (Read 1026 times)

Marko

v9 questions.
« on: January 10, 2003, 08:16:08 am »

I'm not normally shy about installing beta software, but for now I've stalled on version 9.0.88 as it seems to be the most stable build recently.

There's a couple of minor things here that used to work for me in previous builds but don't now.
I'm uncertain whether these are MC bugs or "user configuration errors"
Can anyone help me out with these?

1. Startup mode is set to  "last exit mode". If that was "minimised to tray" then the next time MC starts it starts as a "restored" window, not minimised. I liked it starting minimised as I use multimedia keyboard shortcut keys, and with 2 keypresses I could be listening to "playing now" on a MC minimised in the tray.

2. Although "automatically import files" is checked, d'clicking a file in explorer does not import it to the library. "Right-click > import" works ok.

3. In MJ8 there was an option somewhere to export the library in a choice of formats, html, csv etc. I can't find this option in MC9. Has it been dumped?

atm, media center is not for the faint-hearted, but as a relatively new user, I love it. I think when it's done it's gonna be one killer app. really interesting watching its developement from the wings, so to speak.
Cash well spent imo.
Thank you.

Autoelph

Re: v9 questions.
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2003, 08:36:39 am »

3. In MJ8 there was an option somewhere to export the library in a choice of formats, html, csv etc. I can't find this option in MC9. Has it been dumped?

Yea, I remember that too, but was unable to find it in MC9 (although, admittedly, I didn't look real hard).

I have an additional query-What is the magical distinction that MC9 uses between (Various Artists) & (Multiple Artists) when importing compilations it seems to be arbitrary, or am I missing something?

Autoelph

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2003, 01:37:39 pm »

Ah, no wait, I got it!

Marko

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2003, 05:20:43 am »

1. Startup mode is set to  "last exit mode". If that was "minimised to tray" then the next time MC starts it starts as a "restored" window, not minimised. I liked it starting minimised as I use multimedia keyboard shortcut keys, and with 2 keypresses I could be listening to "playing now" on a MC minimised in the tray.

I've been playing around with this. I'm sure it shouldn't be as hard as I'm finding it, lol.
If I make an MC shortcut and set its properties to "run minimised" it works just fine, ie MC opens as a tray icon. If I set the keyboard to run the shortcut, nothing happens, so.......

Can anyone tell me what switch to add to the end of the command to force MC to start minimised?
Pages: [1]   Go Up