INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: iPod (Windows) does not sync all files  (Read 843 times)

lidocaineus

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
iPod (Windows) does not sync all files
« on: January 07, 2003, 10:17:57 pm »

Running the latest MJ9 build (registered) and the latest iPod plugin.  The iPod is FAT32, not HFS+.

Formatted the Ipod.

Right clicked on the iPod drive, hit sync files, ticked transfer all files.  Made some coffee.

When it finished, I did a comparison.  Of the 1781 tunes (about 1722 mp3s, the rest APEs), just over 1100 had been placed on the iPod.  I verirfied but checking an artist on my library and comparing it to the artist listing on the iPod.  Sure enough, in a few random listings, a few tracks didn't make it.  

Puzzled, I did a manual select->send to g: (ipod drive).  This seemed to work - I checked and now they were all sync'd up.  But that still leaves a deficit of about 600 mp3s, and I really don't have the patience to go through each individual artist or whatever and check them all!

So I formatted again.  Exited out and rebooted for good measure.  Started MJ9 up, and hit sync.  This time, I ticked off Transfer all files, delete files, and update tags to see what would happen.  Same thing.  It stopped (without giving an error) at around 1100.  

So I formatted one more time, to try another way.  This time, I selected the "All" smartlist.  Same thing.

Format.  Tried moving the files by selecting all the audio files (and deslecting the ape files), then hitting send to->g:  Got a little farther, then a crash.  Tried it again.  Again, farther, but still not close to 1700+ (it stopped around 1400).

What's going on?  Note that the iPod worked fine under MMJB (which I have always hated and promptly replaced with Ephpod.  MMJB and Ephpod both worked fine, though I had uninstalled MMJB.  I wanted to use MJ9 as I've been registered for awhile and wanted to integrate the iPod into it.  Should I just give up and go back to Ephpod?

While I like Ephpod, integration with MJ9 would be extremely nice.

mclaugh

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
Re: iPod (Windows) does not sync all files
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2003, 02:57:57 am »

Your best bet for help would be to repost in this thread:
http://www.musicex.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=general;action=display;num=1040757003;start=100
It is a constant running thread dedicated to getting the Ipod plugin working properly.

lidocaineus

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
Re: iPod (Windows) does not sync all files
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2003, 03:00:06 am »

Figured it out:

Errant international character caused the process to throw up when it hit the file.   A couple suggestions...

- An error notification would've been nice.

- There should be some sort of console or log that shows the process of what exactly what was occuring during a batch run or transfer.
Pages: [1]   Go Up