INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: To Remy J re: Installing  (Read 861 times)

NoCodeUK

• Citizen of the Universe
To Remy J re: Installing
« on: January 07, 2003, 03:24:25 am »

Remy,  I believe you had similar problems to me with the new build.  When you said that you had to remove some extra files before reinstalling what were those files?  i have the transparent player and drop target problem too, only I am also getting a stop error when I try to use MJ now that I have reinstalled.  I love MJ and i took the risk that my data and library may not be safe but I wasn't expecting the beta to totally screw my Windows Installation!!!

Any help appreciated...

Adam
"It's called No Code because it's full of code. It's misinformation." - Eddie Vedder

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
Re: To Remy J Installing
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2003, 03:39:06 am »

>> i have the transparent player and drop
>> target problem too
Same here, without going into the registry i gave up (it was bed time).

this morning i reinstalled 9.0.90

Same Problems No Playing, Import crashes etc.....
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

NoCodeUK

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2003, 08:50:06 am »

I gave up in the end too last night but thought I would try again this morning and still got this evil stop error.  That is after reinstalling version 9.0.89.  This one has really done something screwy to my system.
Hoping I won't have to reinstall windows again...

Adam
"It's called No Code because it's full of code. It's misinformation." - Eddie Vedder

RemyJ

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2003, 09:19:33 am »

MJReader.dll
mjextman.exe
JRImage.dll
JRMediaUninstall.exe
BBInstaller.exe

...were the files left in c:\winnt\system32

It's possible you may also have the following files left over from previous installs...

MJMediaUninstall.exe
MJUninstall.exe

I also had another problem that scared the hell out of me but eventually resolved itself.  When I went back to 89 I got the dreaded "The library you are attempting to open is too new..." message.    Luckily, I backed up the library immediately before the upgrade so I unzipped it but got the same message :o.    Once I restarted MC though, I was able to get to the library again.

Fedora 38 x86_64 Xfce

NoCodeUK

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2003, 01:59:26 pm »

Cheers.  I saw the file list in the bug thread.  I got the library message too but then when I tried to do anything about it I recieved a windows stop error.
I rebooted and got the stop error again.  3 times.  SO I eventually erased MC completely and restarted and now it seems okay

And because I completely uninstalled I finally got rid of the remnants of MJ.  MC is now in J River/Media Center...Bonus!!

Adam
Pages: [1]   Go Up