INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: iPod Playlist Problem  (Read 1128 times)

Seviien

• World Citizen
  • SteveG for President! :)
iPod Playlist Problem
« on: January 03, 2003, 06:51:46 am »

When synching my ipod, all the songs are transfered properly, but the playlist information does not seem to be getting through.
Say I'm synching 10 or so playlists, the first one(alphabetically) will be displayed, but under that is a heading for one other playlist which is blank.  Nothing else shows up.
I'm using MC 9.089 with ipod plugin version 3.0.38, which is dated 12-30 I believe.  The ipod firmware is 1.21; I've resotred and reformatted the ipod a few times and tried again with no progress.

canaro99

• World Citizen
Re: iPod Playlist Problem
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2003, 03:46:04 pm »

I've experienced the same problem.

MC 9.089 IPOD bld 38

Thank you,

John

canaro99

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2003, 05:51:20 pm »

I just discovered something that may help.

I "thought" I had IPOD build 38 (I'd been downloading and "installing" often). While reading another thread on IPODs I read about uninstalling and re-installing. I decided to give it a try.

On going to the plug-in manager I found that I had build 16 installed! Apparently one install does not overwrite the other. So I unistalled and then installed 38 -- I now works.

John
Thank you,

John

ashawley

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2003, 07:41:47 pm »

That's strange, I've always just done a reinstall over the old plugin on problem.  Is it possible that MC9 wasn't closed when you did the installs?  It needs to be.

Well, chalk that one up to weird.

Adam

mander

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2003, 07:26:57 pm »

Hmm I don't even show the iPod plugin in plugin manager.  Any ideas?   I believe I am running the latest  It works, that all I can say, just don't know how to verify the build #.

Thanks,
Matthew

canaro99

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2003, 11:18:07 am »

Hi Adam,

I thought I may have left MC open, however, when I did a re-install of .89 and checked the iPod mgr, I found build 16  ?

I re-installed .89 and re-installed 38 and it works fine -- with one exception. Last night I re-synched one playlist (the one with the need for multiple instances of the same song) and found the playlist at the bottom of the "Playlist Directory" in the iPod instead of alphabetical order. Is this normal?

Thanks.

John
Thank you,

John

SteveG

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2003, 01:54:25 pm »

Matthew,

The name of the iPod Plug-in in the Plug-in manager is Portable Drives. That is the one you should click on to check the version number.

John,

The alphabetical thing is a bug I need to fix and will take care of soon.

Steve

canaro99

• World Citizen
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2003, 02:04:29 pm »

Steve,

Mucho gracias!  ;D

John
Thank you,

John

Seviien

• World Citizen
  • SteveG for President! :)
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2003, 07:14:21 pm »

i had some time today to play around with MJ, and i was able to come up with some more specifics about the problem.
first, i installed the new 9.090 build.  then i deleted the existing version of the plugin and installed the one off the website.  i reformatted the ipod and went to sync it with a afew playlists.  as per the usual, i got an error message after synching that a few songs did not synch properly ... no big deal -- i just synched again, didn't get an error message and disconnected the ipod.
I got a similar problem as before, but this time the ipod playlists all showed up properly up to one of the songs that did not synch the first time.  the playlist containing that song stopped at that entry and no subsequent playlists appeared.  
is there a chance that this problem is related to the out of order problem discussed earlier?

SteveG

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2003, 05:44:56 am »

Seviien,

I am more inclined to think this is a problem with some of the information in one of the songs. My best guess is that it has either ';' or '|' in some information which will goof up the transfer. I will fix this shortly.

Steve
Pages: [1]   Go Up