INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: REQUEST: Sorting the database  (Read 1016 times)

NoCodeUK

• Citizen of the Universe
REQUEST: Sorting the database
« on: January 06, 2003, 10:41:34 am »

I have some questions, bugs and requests relating to sorting.  I know this should officially go in the release post but if there is gonna be a new release today then I doubt it will get noticed there.
When selecting the sorting options in the tree and view settings dialog these sort the details view and the view where you can see cover art for each track.  However they do not affect either the tree or the one image per album cover art view.  I would like all albums to be sorted by these fields in whatever view. My prefernce is always that albums are sorted by year.  I have set the sorting fields this - 1.Year, 2.Artist, 3.Album.  Is it possible that this could also sort the tree or that we could some how choose what sort we wanted in separate view schemes,e.g. I have a view scheme Artist/Album however I want the albums to be sorted chronologically and not alphabetically...

Anyway, enough of my ramblings, for now... Looking forward to the new build and the prospect of sorting the tree and album cover art view in a future one ;D

Adam
"It's called No Code because it's full of code. It's misinformation." - Eddie Vedder

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: REQUEST: Sorting the database
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2003, 11:17:25 am »

However they do not affect either the tree or the one image per album cover art view.  I would like all albums to be sorted by these fields in whatever view.

It's sort of hard.  Year is fine, but think about "Name" or "Track #" when they're grouped...

Is it possible that this could also sort the tree or that we could some how choose what sort we wanted in separate view schemes,e.g. I have a view scheme Artist/Album however I want the albums to be sorted chronologically and not alphabetically...

What happens if you put a "sort" command in the search criteria for the scheme?  This should work. (but may not -- can't test it right now)
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

NoCodeUK

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2003, 11:49:46 am »

I tried this but I seem to lose half of the files in the scheme and they still aren't sorted ;D

Its not important for now, its just that I know when I mentioned it before a couple of peeps agreed and I just wondered if it would be possible.  I'll try again by adding a sort command to the scheme.  It may be I didn't have the syntax right...

Cheers Matt and keep up the great work,

Adam
"It's called No Code because it's full of code. It's misinformation." - Eddie Vedder

Chris Shaw

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2003, 01:50:30 pm »

What happens if you put a "sort" command in the search criteria for the scheme?

What can I say? That would be sweeeeet.
Pages: [1]   Go Up