INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Trying to get 9.0 working with iPod  (Read 1513 times)

dfruehwald

• nothing more to say...
Trying to get 9.0 working with iPod
« on: December 05, 2002, 05:15:00 pm »

20GB iPod firmware 1.2.1
Windows XP Pro
Media Center 9.0.84
hh_portable 3.0.25

I downloaded the software and the plugin and both installed normally.  I ripped a CD to MP3.  I get files to queue using send to but when the transfer is complete the iPod says there are no songs.  Is there something I'm missing?  Anyone have a step by step how to?

Please don't leave me doomed to use MusicMatch.

TimB

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Trying to get 9.0 working with iPod
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2002, 05:31:55 pm »

Try right clicking on the iPod from MC, you'll find lots of options, but if you haven't already first format the ipod from that menu and then do the transfer.

Trust me, we'll help you resolve your issue and you'll never have to go back to MMJB. :)

-=Tim=-
Boy do I LOVE Media Center!!!

dfruehwald

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2002, 05:38:51 am »

When I right click I get nothing, even though the plugin claims to have installed correctly.  The iPod seems to be identified as F: is this correct.  The plugin .dll seems to be hh_portable.dll is that correct?

I can download firmware to the iPod and ephPod will download songs so I think the firewire port is OK.  I never could get MMJB 7.1 or the newer 7.5 to work correctly though.

TimB

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2002, 05:50:01 am »

I'm not the most technical person here so I'm going to wait for one of the aces to respond.  I do think however that MJ/MC9 and EphPod address the iPod in very similar ways so hope is in sight.

-=Tim=-

TimB

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2002, 05:52:36 am »

Here's a howto, not sure if it'll solve the problem you're having but worth starting with. :)

http://www.home.earthlink.net/~ashawley01/

-=Tim=-

dfruehwald

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2002, 05:56:47 am »

I had just found that, thanks.  I will try those instructions tonight.  Wish I had found that link sooner, I've been trying to peice it together on my own.  Hopefully, I'll be on my way with these because MMJB never worked right for me so its not an option.  I ws about to head down the Xplay -> Windows Media Player route.

Phil Lee

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2002, 06:34:34 am »

If you still have no joy you may have to use the Apple updater to recover your iPod to factory settings then format it using the MC plugin. I had to do this to get my iPod working when all I could see was Contacts and Calendars listed in MC. Please note that the updater will wipe all music from your iPod.

dfruehwald

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2002, 01:36:25 pm »

I'd like to thank everyone for the help.  Its working now.

Just some notes for people with Homebuilt PC's.   When installing Windows XP on the Asus A7V333 MB with Firewire, do not use the defaults in network installation or it will try to setup the Firewire like a NIC.  I also set PCI 2.1 Latency Compatibility to Enabled.  Other than that I just followed the instructions in the HOWTO noted in earlier posts.

Thanks a lot, the suggestions helped.

bagler

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2002, 06:34:29 am »

I apparently cannot download the plugin for the ipod.  Sometimes when I try it, I get the message "invalid package file. cannot continue".  Every six tries or so it says that the package installed, but no plug-ins are listed for the handheld at all in plug-in manager.  I have ver. 9.0.88.

I followed Adam's instructions, but when I get to the point where I'm supposed to format the ipod for MC I do not get the same options when I right click on the ipod drive.

Any thoughts??

Renegade

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2002, 08:35:42 am »

Bagler,

I had this problem when originally setting mine up as well.

After downloading the plugin it told me that it could not be installed.  So I wrote down the path where it said the temp file was being stored and manually copied it into the plugin folder.

After that restarting MC gave me all the options I was looking for on the right click menu.

After all the help I've been getting lately, I feel obligated to at least try and give a little back. :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up