INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC 9 Not Compatable With DVD Cover Art...  (Read 987 times)

DocLotus

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Retired and; Loving It!!!
MC 9 Not Compatable With DVD Cover Art...
« on: December 12, 2002, 12:44:03 pm »

Just got done scanning over 300 CD covers in hi-rez (1000 x 1000) & it is truly wonderful having great cover art for ALL my CD's.

SOOOooo...

I decided it would be really neat to also scan all my DVD's (120 & counting).  But it soon became apparent that MC9 does not handle cover art other then CD's very well.

Don't get me wrong... I LOVE MC9!

But...

Keep in mind that I do not have any DVD's on my harddrive due to the huge size of DVD's.  But, I do have the cover art on the harddrive & would like to manage it with MC9.

After scanning a few DVD's I decided to scan all the images in a DVD; that can mean up to 6 seperate images per DVD such as...

* The Cover (front & back as one image).
* The Index.
* Sometimes a second Index.
* Other images.
* Often a second Other images.
* Sometimes a third Other image.

To have complete control over my DVD library, I have resorted to creating an Excel database with single-click headers for sorting & Hyperlinks to the various DVD images so they can be quickly viewed with a single mouse click.

So far I have 14 data fields in the Excel database & can very quickly find information on any DVD.  Works great.

The data fields are...
1: Name (Title of the DVD).
2: Cover (image Hyperlink).
3: Index 1 (image Hyperlink).
4: Index 2 (image Hyperlink).
5: Other 1 (image Hyperlink).
6: Other 2 (image Hyperlink).
7: Other 3 (image Hyperlink).
8: Cat 1 (Catagory 1) (such as... Musical).
9:  Cat 1 (Catagory 2) (such as... Comical).
10: Com 1 (Comments 1) (such as... Very Intense).
11: Com 2 (Comments 2) (such as... Very Long).
12: Made (Year).
13: Bought (Year).
14: Rec (Record Number) (to keep track of how many CD's I have).

As you can see I have no need for many of the Audio data fields that are in MC9.  For DVD's I currently don't care about things as... Bit Rate & other items which brings me to the real problem of managing DVD images in MC9.

I believe that MC9 needs to have seperate user control over the data fields in each catagory... Audio, Images, Video.  Each has seperate needs.

Also, the users should be able to add their own custom fields to the database as needed.  This would resolve my needs with DVD art.

My Audio could be set up one way & Images set up a different way.

Any thoughts on this?
MC... Latest version, 1 Mini PC, w/ Server.
TV... USA, ZIP 77036, Std view, Full screen, Not detached, Silicon Dust Guide, OTA, ATSC 1.
MC Audio... Realtek HD 7.1, MP3 Ext, Basic playback.
MC Control... Key, Mouse w/ G HUB.
Windows... 10 Pro, 64 bit, All MS updates.
Hardware... Beelink AMD GR5 Pro Mini PC, 16GB memory, 3 internal HDD's w/ 4.5 TB storage, 8 TB external storage.
1 SiliconDust HD HomeRun Connect Quatro, 1 SiliconDust HDHomeRun Flex Quatro, Amped Antenna w/ splitter.

nila

Re: MC 9 Not Compatable With DVD Cover Art...
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2002, 07:21:58 pm »

I have a thought on this:

Amen Brother!!!!
I really dont care about bitrate when looking at images and I dont care about pixel width when looking at songs.

Rather than just having different views though directly attached to each media type, we should be aloud to create our own views, as many as we want, and then to attach any one of these we want to be the default for a specific media type.

That way for my audio tracks, when I'm trying to check the quality of my tracks etc and tidy my library I can quickly and easily bring bitrate and file size for eg. to the front so I can get more file info details in clear view.

NoCodeUK

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2002, 12:00:38 am »

As has been said by Jim and Matt before, this is coming but they are still bug fixing at the moment.  I think this is really a cosmetic issue and so therefore will probably be one of the last things we see...

Adam
"It's called No Code because it's full of code. It's misinformation." - Eddie Vedder

Marty3d

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2002, 02:41:00 am »

...which is a shame, since the looks mean alot. Think of it this way: What interface do YOU prefer to work with, Win3.11 or WinXP? :)

But hey, functionality is of course important as well...a nice symbios would be a guideline for all developers, including myself ;)

DocLotus

• Retired and; Loving It!!!
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2002, 03:49:33 am »

Hi Guys;

Thanks for the reply.

::) LOOKS IS EVERYTHING... ::) That's what sells cars!  That & quality.

I've used windows from 1990 (3.0, 3.11, 95, 98 & now XP).  Yes, I totally agree, all the others were dogs compared to XP.

If these features are scheduled to eventually be included in MC9... Absolutly wonderful... I can wait!
MC... Latest version, 1 Mini PC, w/ Server.
TV... USA, ZIP 77036, Std view, Full screen, Not detached, Silicon Dust Guide, OTA, ATSC 1.
MC Audio... Realtek HD 7.1, MP3 Ext, Basic playback.
MC Control... Key, Mouse w/ G HUB.
Windows... 10 Pro, 64 bit, All MS updates.
Hardware... Beelink AMD GR5 Pro Mini PC, 16GB memory, 3 internal HDD's w/ 4.5 TB storage, 8 TB external storage.
1 SiliconDust HD HomeRun Connect Quatro, 1 SiliconDust HDHomeRun Flex Quatro, Amped Antenna w/ splitter.
Pages: [1]   Go Up