INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cover art idea  (Read 1057 times)

KellerDH

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
Cover art idea
« on: December 11, 2002, 09:29:49 pm »

Right now, it's a total hassle to assign each track to its cover art.  So, why not just have MC automatically search a default folder for cover art that matches the artist and album names whenever the PLAY button is hit?  The path could be like "default folder/led zeppelin/houses of the holy(.jpg, .bmp, .gif, .etc)"?  Then if I've gone through the trouble of saving cover art for that album to the correct folder, I won't need to add it to all of the new tracks for that album that I subsequently add to my library.  If the art is not found when I hit the play button for a given track, then MC's code just disregards it and displays the default image as usual.

Huh? (or is this the wrong place for suggestions?)

nila

Re: Cover art idea
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2002, 11:42:28 pm »

Right place for suggestions :)

Could I further suggest that it checks the albums directory to see if any cover art for the album is in the album directory.

Rhino has done this for AV and it works beautifully.

ChicoSelfs

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2002, 04:45:48 am »

Put a *.jpg in the folder of a album with the music files, and go to MJ and choose import media, the files of that folder automa. choose as cover art the *.jpg.
Made in Portugal

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2002, 06:31:38 am »

>> Right now, it's a total hassle to assign each track
>> to its cover art. So, why not just have MC
>> automatically search a default folder for cover art
>> that matches the artist and album names

I don't see the problem, all my cover art is in a default folder under J river\data\cover art

and i can select all files, and allow MC scan all files and look for the coverart and it then knows what coverart gets applied to each file from there on out.

and it only takes a second or two
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

bitchin kitchens

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2002, 08:00:17 am »

I'm new to this forum but have been a user of MJ8 for several months and have recently moved to MC9.

For management of all my mP3 folders and easier shareing across all of my devices I have made it a policy to always save a cover art jpg in the track's folder and have tried dupicateing cover art in a master "cover art folder" but find this redundent. Because I often rip at my desktop but play from my HTPC I usually find myself transferring files across my network and keeping multiple folders updated is a drag. Not to mention when I start to use my Dell Axim for taveling tunes.

Currently when running MC9 with a copy of the cover art jpg in the artist folder MC9 and Glissando displays the cover art as expected.

To get it to work repeatedly I did the following:
I used the Track Images Location default cover art directory in options to point at my mP3 master folder (I don't know if this helps) and I have Imported each artist directory individually into MC9 due to an error message when I try to import the whole mP3 master directory that says something like: MC9 usually avoids this directory are you sure you want to import from it. Then when saying yes it doesn't import any files.

So I guess I am able to get MC9 to work with Glissando and display cover art but I would request 2 things a more diffinitive method that defaults to looking in the artist's folder for the cover art and fixing the error message above (note: I think this error message started appearing after I used the clear library fuction under the file menu).

Thanx
Joe

KellerDH

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
Re: I'm an idiot
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2002, 08:10:17 am »

Ok.... maybe I DID have the wrong forum.  I'm still using MJ 8.0, and it sounds as if MC 9 will have made some strides in just this area.  Great.

My bad.  I had read about some of the new features but didn't see the one's pertaining to this covert art issue.  Thanks for the replies. :-/
Pages: [1]   Go Up