INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Unable to generate Installation Key  (Read 1281 times)

Mike Z

Unable to generate Installation Key
« on: July 08, 2002, 02:30:14 pm »

When I enter my registration code in the Restore Page, I get the following message: "This license is invalid or has been restored too many times"  
Please note that I just upgraded to version 8.0.320

I don't understand why the installation/registration process is so convoluted?

JimH

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Miller drives a tall-masted tractor on the ocean
RE:Unable to generate Installation Key
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2002, 02:35:16 pm »

email me with your name and purchase date, please.  jimh @ jriver.com.
Jim Hillegass
JRiver Media Center / Media Jukebox

quinn

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
Re: Unable to generate Installation Key
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2003, 03:28:26 pm »

Jim:  in searching the board, this was the closest I could find to my problem.  I just purchased the plus version of version 8, having been a satisfied user of previous versions.  I probably have an old key somewhere of previous purchases of plus versions, but what the heck.  Anyway, the installation key is in an attachment that I can't read.  In addition, it's on my email machine, which is completely different from my music machine.  What do I do?  No, I don't have a convenient way to move files between the machines.

quinn

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2003, 04:17:33 pm »

quinn

when you restore, if you read the screen it should have said you can right click and save the key to the drive.

the key will be good for 14 days so you can activate one of your other computers (laptop etc....)
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

quinn

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2003, 04:22:32 pm »

I'm still lost.  What do you mean, "when I restore"?  I got an email with a registration code and an installation key.  I can't read the installation key and I assume I need to use it on my music machine, which is different from my email machine.

thanks, quinn

quinn

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2003, 07:53:50 am »

I solved my problem but you might think about the flaw in your system.  You assume that your customer has his email and his media jukebox on the same machine or on machines that can easily communicate with each other.  That probably covers 90% of the cases but not mine.  My laptop is my email machine and it has net access but it's a corporate laptop and has all this corporate security stuff on it that makes it hard to communicate with my home machine that runs media jukebox.  My home machine doesn't have email since there is no reason for it to.  I ended up mailing the installation key file to my wife since her email machine also has a floppy drive, as does my jukebox machine but not my laptop.  Then sneakernet saved the day.  An alternative might be to email a text password that gets you into a secure sockets part of your web site where the installation key could be retrived.  Just a thought.

quinn
Pages: [1]   Go Up