INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can MC play 24bit 48KHz wave file ?  (Read 898 times)

Sei

• Recent member
Can MC play 24bit 48KHz wave file ?
« on: December 01, 2002, 06:46:37 am »

I ripped from my DVD video 24 bit 48KHz wave file, which I want to make MP3 and put into my iPod. When I played the file in MC, only noise came out not music. So I ask, "Can MC play 24bit 48KHz wave file "?

Is there way to convert this file to MP3, so that I can put into my ipod? Please advice if any of you have knowledge. Thanks in advance!

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Can MC play 24bit 48KHz wave file ?
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2002, 07:17:35 am »

Yes, MC should be able to play 24 and 32-bit files.

Check the output bitdepth in "Options -> Playback" -- set it to 16-bit (the highest your soundcard probably can handle) if it isn't already.

Can anything else play the WAV's?  It's possible they're bad.

If the files are good but MC still doesn't work, can you email a small sample file to matt @ jriver.com (no spaces)

Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Sei

• Recent member
Re: Can MC play 24bit 48KHz wave file ?
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2002, 05:12:41 am »

Hi Matt!

I sent you the file and afterwards I ripped the same music using different method (ripping AC3 file and then converting to 2 CH). This time I converted the file in both 24 bit and 16 bit. MC was able to play both bit depth. So, my ripping was not correct. MC can definitely play 48KHz 24 bit wave file.

Thank you very much for your extra effort in trying the wrong file in many different player.  I reallise you folks are doing extraordinary support for customer satisfaction,which deserves to be praised. Also sorry for your valuable time.No words to say.  :-X
Pages: [1]   Go Up