INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Do I understand the upgrade option correctly?  (Read 1288 times)

bob_j

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
Do I understand the upgrade option correctly?
« on: November 29, 2002, 01:34:45 pm »

I've been a user of this product for years.  I have a MJ8 license.  If I understand correctly, I must decide by tomorrow 11/30 if I wish to convert my MJ8 license to one that works with MC9 if I wish to avoid a $20 charge.  

Now, I really don't have a problem with that but what does concern me is that in order to beat the $20 charge, I must install a beta version of the new product.  In looking at this board, it still appears that there are many problems still to be solved.  Certain burners not working, installation problems, unable to rip, etc.  Why oh why are you setting this deadline now?  Why not wait until the product is ready for prime time?  Am I missing something?  Is there a way to upgrade the license without installing the beta sofware now?
Thanks
bj

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Do I understand the upgrade option correctly?
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2002, 02:54:18 pm »

If you have an MJ8 license now, you're set.  Just update to MJ9 when it's released.

bob_j

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2002, 04:42:22 am »

No Jim, you miss my point.  If I WANT to upgrade to Media Center 9, is the only way to do this is install a beta version of Media Center 9 by the end of the day?  I'm not too keen on installing the beta version at this time.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2002, 01:29:29 pm »

You can visit this page to purchase, even if you have not installed MJ9.

https://rover.jriver.com/cgi-bin/buy.cgi?

Be careful that you specify MJ9 as what you want.

The automatic license installation will fail if you don't have MJ9 installed, but you will get an e-mail that has a restoration code you can use when you do install Media Center/MJ9.

Pages: [1]   Go Up