INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Attn:  Hairstyle Developers  (Read 997 times)

Kurt Young

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Tastes like crab, talks like people.
Attn:  Hairstyle Developers
« on: November 30, 2002, 11:23:15 am »

First off, please note that I'm obsessed with Windows XP Media Center Edition.  My computer has a TV tuner, DVD player, firewire, and a large collection of music.  Therefore, there's no way I'm spending $2000 for a new Media Center PC.  Just can't justify it (though I am accepting donations)

The thought that I can buy a Streamzap or something like it, hook it up, and use Hairstyle and MC9 to do the same things makes me happy indeed.  If nothing else, this post is just an encouragement for whoever's developing it.  If you can deliver with Hairstyle what MCE can deliver, you've got one enthusiastic and hopeful customer standing by.

Make it as easy to use, and as visually stunning and dynamic MCE and everyone who wants to get an MCE-PC but can't justify the enormous cost will be beating down your door with their new Streamzap (or whatever) in hand.

Heh, I expect that Microsoft will release MCE "kits" for people like me after the holidays... mebby next summer.  They can't deny the cashflow, they just want to get as many MCE-PC sales first.  If we could get a kit now, we wouldn't buy those MCE-PCs when we're out holiday shopping.  Totally makin sense.

Just get Hairstyle (and maybe partnership with a custom remote control maker) up and running before Microsoft releases the kits.  Cash in before they can, eh?
 mjextman.exe /ipodsync

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Attn:  Hairstyle Developers
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2002, 12:55:09 pm »

>> please note that I'm obsessed with Windows
>> XP Media Center Edition.

Listening to: 'Obsession' from 'The Best Of Animotion' by 'Animotion' on Media Jukebox Charted At 06 In 1985
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA
Pages: [1]   Go Up