INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Status of ASIO & Remote Control  (Read 980 times)

bspachman

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Status of ASIO & Remote Control
« on: November 27, 2002, 05:53:20 pm »

Now that I am making real progress on automating my MJ setup in v8, I'm wondering if I should continue working in the "old" version or focus my efforts on MC9. (See http://www.musicex.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=general;action=display;num=1038028931 for more details.)

I'd hate to lose the functionality I've already got, which already involves some fancy work in Girder to select albums with my Marantz remote. I've also got some On-Screen display stuff working for when my VFD gets here. Finally, with my M-Audio soundcard, I've been using the "alpha" ASIO plug-in to bypass some wackiness inthe Win2k sound drivers.

So I'm wondering about the following things:

1) How is the ASIO support coming? Is it more stable than the old "alpha" for v8?

2) What kind of messaging exists for Girder? Does the old plug-in still work or are there new parameters to discover & program. Has anyone tried the DVDSpy Girder plugin with MC9?

3) Will I lose my 3 custom DB fields that I setup in v8 when I migrate my DB to the new version?

4) I'm assuming that MC9 has at least the level of APE support that v8 has...right, Matt? :) Any word on CUE list support...?

Best,
Brad

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Status of ASIO & Remote Control
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2002, 08:15:34 am »

1) How is the ASIO support coming? Is it more stable than the old "alpha" for v8?

MC 9's ASIO is better than the alpha in MJ 8.  Problems may still exist, but just report them and we'll get them fixed.

2) What kind of messaging exists for Girder? Does the old plug-in still work or are there new parameters to discover & program. Has anyone tried the DVDSpy Girder plugin with MC9?

It hasn't changed much.

Will I lose my 3 custom DB fields that I setup in v8 when I migrate my DB to the new version?

No.

I'm assuming that MC9 has at least the level of APE support that v8 has...right, Matt?  Any word on CUE list support...?

Yup.  CUE support isn't done, but we may add it before release.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up