INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Question on re-ripping cd's?  (Read 588 times)

Jaguu

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Question on re-ripping cd's?
« on: November 27, 2002, 10:52:55 am »

Hi,
last year I ripped all my cd's in wma format. Now I would like to re-rip part of my collection in ape format.

The problem is that I did a lot of tag editing, so that many albums and artist tags are different now than in a YADB lookup. Also lots of my music is not in YADB.

Is there a way to get the same tags as I already have in the library, when I insert a cd that I have already ripped once? Is there a way to do a lookup in the local library first?
Can't figure out whether this is possible. Or does it mean that I have to re-edit again all the tags for the new ape files if I don't like the tags returned by YADB? Classical music  has a very inconsistent ways of naming albums. That's why I do a lot of tag editing!
Any help? Thank you!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Question on re-ripping cd's?
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2002, 11:35:25 am »

We're about to add lookup by track to yadb.  Wait a few builds if you can.  That will help.

Put a few CD's in now and see if MJ recognizes them.  If you ripped them with MJ initially it may.  If so, you should be able to rip to APE.  You could store them in a  new folder (c:/music_new, for example) to keep them separate.  Then later you can import the whole collection.  There are a lot of other ways to skin this cat.
Pages: [1]   Go Up