INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: feature request: file locater  (Read 1870 times)

willrmc

• Junior Woodchuck
  • this town is a part of us all...
feature request: file locater
« on: November 12, 2002, 11:31:47 am »

whenever i move a folder of mp3s say from one drive to another, i end up having to delete and reimport all of those files to get the new location into mj. i think there should be a window that opens up when it cannot find the file, asking you to locate it. then you could just point out the new folder and it will update all of the locations. there is a similar feature in quark xpress for whenever your images get moved. it would make things a milion times easier and then you could still keep your playcounts and ratings and all of that intact. thanks again
---------

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: feature request: file locater
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2002, 12:05:48 pm »

Just move them from within MJ with the built-in Explorer or the "Move / Copy Disk Files" feature.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

nila

Re: feature request: file locater
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2002, 10:54:15 pm »

Matt,
a problem with this can be that with me for instance, all my albums have .sfv, .m3u and the covers all in the same folder as the album.
Using MJ to move my files means moving the mp3's from within MJ and then moving the other files seperately.
At least this is how it was in v8. Have to try it still in v9.

This is just a big endevour when I can just cut and paste the whole folder from explorer and it's all moved perfectly within seconds.

Maybe offer some way for MJ to move the whole parent folder as a feature. This would allow people who organise albums into their own folders to move the whole folder in one big go. It would work for compilations etc too as all your doing is giving them a feature to move the whole folder that the song is located in. It'd be up to them what was in this folder.
Pages: [1]   Go Up