INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: feature request  (Read 1816 times)

daven

feature request
« on: October 31, 2002, 11:50:21 am »

I download a lot of live recordings which come with detailed text files regarding recording source, venue, etc.  I would really like to incorporate this information into my database, but it is too much to put in the tags.   I would like to see an additional tab in the properties window which allows you to add notes to the music files. is this possible?  would anyone else like to see this feature?

-dave

nila

Re: feature request
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2002, 03:59:23 pm »

Why not just put it in the Lyrics tag??
That can hold a lot of info.
Plus it means all the info will show up in existing track info pages and in other players as well as MJ.

Seems like the best place to me.

Kurt Young

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Tastes like crab, talks like people.
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2002, 04:45:57 pm »

Use the "Notes" field, perhaps?
 mjextman.exe /ipodsync

daven

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2002, 07:06:11 pm »

good call both of you.  i didn't realize that tags could hold that much text.  its still not ideal for notes i look at regularly (ie. having to go to the edit window to view the text), but at least the info is there.

NoCodeUK

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2002, 11:09:40 pm »

If you put it in the notes field you do not have to go to the edit window.  It is available from playing now in the track info display.  I don't remember the name of the track info skin but one of them allows you to display notes and lyrics fields in playing now...

Adam
"It's called No Code because it's full of code. It's misinformation." - Eddie Vedder

michel

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2002, 01:32:09 am »

I don't remember the name of the track info skin but one of them allows you to display notes and lyrics fields in playing now...

Fungal Treatment

There are probably others track info templates displaying note field.

I don't know if Media Server delivers note & lyric fields

NoCodeUK

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2002, 01:33:56 am »

Is that one that comes with MJ or a dl cause there is a default one that comes with MJ which will show notes
"It's called No Code because it's full of code. It's misinformation." - Eddie Vedder

daven

« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2002, 07:07:55 am »

is there a difference between a track info skin and the regular skins?  please excuse my ignorance.  i don't want to change the appearance of mj, but i would like to display the notes tag.

NoCodeUK

« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2002, 10:27:09 am »

Yeah Track Info skins are diaplayed in the playing now window, skins affect the whole player...

Adam

daven

« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2002, 06:43:53 pm »

so how do i download/ install the track info skins?  i only see appearance skins on the download page.  thanks for the help.

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2002, 08:06:18 am »

On the Media Jukebox site, choose Accessories -> Plug-Ins. Then choose the Track Info Templates menu option (on the left hand side).
Pages: [1]   Go Up