INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Jukebox 9.0 Preview III...  (Read 8584 times)

Mirko

• Galactic Citizen
  • Coffee ready?
RE:Media Jukebox 9.0 Preview III...
« Reply #50 on: September 12, 2002, 01:44:41 pm »

Does anyone have the problem with constantly changing loudness levels during playing MP3? I can't believe I'm the only one (ver8 ok, checked that).

RemyJ

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #51 on: September 12, 2002, 02:04:14 pm »

Does anyone have the problem with constantly changing loudness levels during playing MP3?

Is DSP "Clip Protection" and/or Rerplay Gain turned on?  If I remember from one of Matt's other posts, the symptoms you describe are exactly what clip protection does when it encounters levels that would cause an overflow.  Since Replay Gain is broken in this build, the DSP may be abnormally raising the levels on tracks only to have clip protection kick in.

Just a thought.
Fedora 38 x86_64 Xfce

Mirko

• Galactic Citizen
  • Coffee ready?
« Reply #52 on: September 12, 2002, 02:14:42 pm »

I had both on... tomorrow I will try unsetting these.
Good idea!

Sergio

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #53 on: September 12, 2002, 04:57:04 pm »

Can we still place suggestions? Well, i just wanted to say that Windows Media Player 9 has support for time stamped lyrics, and displaying them real-time, and I've always found that an excellent feature. Could you add it to Media Jukebox 9?

I tried making a plugin for MJ8, but it's very hard working with fonts and stuff in MFC... And it still needed the synchronization module, the one where you edit the lyrics to time-stamp them... I'm kind of lazy now, LOL.
Sérgio Gomes

LCtheDJ

« Reply #54 on: September 12, 2002, 06:18:32 pm »

I'm requesting that you consider compatibility while you settle in on how you get things done.

For instance, your ogg tag label for BPM is "MEDIAJUKEBOX:BPM".  It looks sometimes like you go out of your way to be incompatible; a simple "BPM" should be sufficient.  BPM information is not exclusive to MJ, all players should benefit from a simple and meaningful tag.

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #55 on: September 13, 2002, 05:22:58 am »

There's one thing I've always liked about WMP and RealJukebox (not sure about RealOne) over MJ.

They both seperate audio from video.

For instance, they will have their tree with the Media Library (or whatever they call it) and beneath that they will have Audio and Video, and then beneath those they will have whatever view schemes there are. I would love to see this in MJ.

Audio - where I can create Artist, Artist\Album, Genre\Artist\Album, Year\Artist\Album, etc.

Video - where I can create Artist, Genre\Artist, etc.

Images - where I can create Album, Genre\Album, Year\Genre\Album, etc.

That way everything in the Media Library is kept nice and neat. I know that I can do this all myself using the Search Criteria of View Schemes, but then it gets really messy really fast.

Mirko

• Galactic Citizen
  • Coffee ready?
« Reply #56 on: September 13, 2002, 05:34:49 am »

That way everything in the Media Library is kept nice and neat. I know that I can do this all myself using the Search Criteria of View Schemes, but then it gets really messy really fast.

It gets messy, if you have to add every filetype in detail (e.g. "type=mp3 or type=ogg or type=mpc"). If you use the new once (e.g. "mediatype=audio") it's quite clear.

Woodman

RE:Mixed text and images: why not icons and text ?
« Reply #57 on: September 13, 2002, 05:47:59 am »

I have been playing around with ver.9 and think its preety cool, But I think it would be better if the left hand side of the screen were switched from all text to all icons and album images, for instance; if I were to click an icon for "album/artist" instead of getting an expanded view of album images in the main window I would get a colum of available album images(small size) under that tree instead of the text tree we get now, and images(large size) of available cuts in the album in the main window. All of the text items could be replaced with icons and would take up much less space.

I don't know who said this but "a picture is worth a thousand words".

Woodman

Mirko

• Galactic Citizen
  • Coffee ready?
« Reply #58 on: September 13, 2002, 05:51:06 am »

I wouldn't like it to see only pictures for the albums. I have "some" other things in my memory, so the covers might get lost and so would I.

Woodman

« Reply #59 on: September 13, 2002, 06:09:55 am »

Mirko

I ment to say an option of icon/images only, not limited to only icons.    

The reason I suggest this is that if you have your main window set to album image view You should be able to click on an album image and select a track from within that album, now you can only select to  play the album, but all this can be done without using the text tree on the left if you were to expand the contents of the album you click. This would be mainly for playback use, and might be another
view scheme all together.

Ealesfan

« Reply #60 on: September 13, 2002, 10:22:05 am »

Expanding on wood's idea...
Playing now would be cool with album images that automatically scroll as the song is being played on the left frame (instead of text), playlist at the bottom, and visualization top/right...

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #61 on: September 13, 2002, 10:26:31 am »

It gets messy, if you have to add every filetype in detail (e.g. "type=mp3 or type=ogg or type=mpc"). If you use the new once (e.g. "mediatype=audio") it's quite clear.

What I meant by messy was the different View Schemes... like I'd have to have Audio - Album\Artist, Audio - Artist, etc. Instead of having Audio, with Artist\Album and Artist beneath that, and then Video, with my view schemes beneath that, etc.

Rather than have just Media Library with everything beneath that.

BipolarONE

« Reply #62 on: September 13, 2002, 12:56:09 pm »

Installed and poked around for about 10 minutes. It crashed MJ about 7 times. I saw a few interesting features, but didn't keep it running long enough to pass any judgment.

To be honest this product has plenty of features already i would appreciate a change of development focus to graphical interface, transparent over my chosen background. Mega-Me skins that look more modern perhaps like the SonixMedia Min-Me. Or like a lot of the Winamp minis but larger and more sub windows.

I uninstalled the 9.0 and have had solid performance from 8.0.370 where previous version was prone to WMP9 corruption.

Before this solid 8.0.370 experience I also installed XP service pack 1, Nvidia latest, and Exporer latest all about 10PM 9-12-02.

Later.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #63 on: September 13, 2002, 01:13:31 pm »

Library view scheme groups will be added in preview 5.  Thanks for the idea.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up