INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [url=http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Network_Access]Network Access[/url]  (Read 680 times)

TimB

• Citizen of the Universe

I've got my music files on a desktop with MJ9.

When I use Library Manager from MJ9 on my laptop to point at the desktop it finds the files but they're listed as if they're local to the laptop.

Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

-=Tim=-
Boy do I LOVE Media Center!!!

RemyJ

The library was created by the V9 desktop?  If so, it contains paths that are relative to the desktop.  That's the way is should be.    Sharing the library between machines only works if the path to the music is exactly the same fom both machines (and you don't try to modify it from both machines).  If you really want to do this, you have a few options.

First create a network "share" on the desktop for the music directory then...

1.  Use a UNC name to reimport the music on the desktop:  "\\Desktop\MyMusic\ ".  This path will work for both desktop and laptop.

2.  Assign the same drive letter to the share on both the desktop and laptop:  
"net use m: \\Desktop\MyMusic".  Then, from the desktop,  reimport everything on the "m:"  drive.

Alternatively, you can...

1. Use the media server.

2. You can use a local library on the laptop that points to music on the desktop.    Leave the desktop as is, and on the laptop import the music across the network into a new library on the laptop and run an Update and Import on it whenever you make changes on the desktop.

Fedora 38 x86_64 Xfce

TimB

Alternatively, you can...

1. Use the media server.

2. You can use a local library on the laptop that points to music on the desktop.    Leave the desktop as is, and on the laptop import the music across the network into a new library on the laptop and run an Update and Import on it whenever you make changes on the desktop.

As I wanted to copy files over to a device I used option 2.  Worked nicely.  Thanks!

-=Tim=-
Boy do I LOVE Media Center!!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up