INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 2 audio outputs in MJ9 ? DJ Mode ?  (Read 1571 times)

yannl

• Junior Woodchuck
  • :-)
2 audio outputs in MJ9 ? DJ Mode ?
« on: October 22, 2002, 11:13:56 am »

Hello folks,

I just bought the Sonica USB soundcard. Wow. It rocks. So now I can finally have a good quality from my laptop.

But... having two sound cards... I was wondering if it would be possible to use both. THAT would we wonderful. You play music and at the same time, you "send to" another song to the internal soundcard, so you can put headphones and plan the next song to be played ! DJ Mode... Some software do that, but none of MJ quality.

Could you maybe think of that for MJ9 ?  ;D

Cheers

Yann L<br>________________________<br><br>Dans la vie, il faut faire comme le canard;<br>Etre calme en surface et pédaler comme un fou en profondeur (

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: 2 audio outputs in MJ9 ? DJ Mode ?
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2002, 01:15:20 pm »

Hey yannl.

Multi-zone playback is something we're hoping to tackle someday, but it's not a trivial problem.

So, I don't have a real answer other than to say it's on the radar.

Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Ingo

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2002, 02:44:10 pm »

Hi Matt,

is that 'someday' within the MJ/MC9 range?

just a few interface suggestions:

#make the player part of the main window as it is now, but:
- foldable: it would just be a small line with minimal interface
- detachable: that would lead to the player in MiniMe-mode. (if it's the only player, close/hide the main window)
- stackable: if there are two or more players, just stack them on the left pane (maybe add a slider and a horizontal devider)

#playing now: just add the additional playing now folder(s) below the current one

anyone any comments/ideas? ;-)

Ingo

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2002, 07:55:23 pm »

is that 'someday' within the MJ/MC9 range?

Maybe.  It depends on a lot of things I can't predict yet.

About how it'd work, we're leaning towards a zone toggle switch.  That way, player controls, menus, and Playing Now don't need to be duplicated.  You'll just be able to work with one zone at a time, but quickly switch which one you're controlling.

Would that be acceptable?

Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Ingo

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2002, 08:11:16 pm »

hm... probably second best to having them both (all?) at the same time. but this is only for multizone stuff that I would probably use... might be completely different for DJ use.

Ingo

NoCodeUK

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2002, 02:06:37 am »

For DJ use two players with some kind of crossfade would definitely be good although this does not need to be part of the main interface.  Like you say Matt, repetiiton of the player in there would be useless.  Maybe the DJ functions could be a seperate module like the media editor?  Have a look at PCDJ for an idea about the interface.  Their mixing ability is very good but their database is crap and very annoying to use.  There is no ability to search different fields only artist so on a various artists CD there is no way to search and find an artist listed in another field. The combination of MJ9's database combined with that kind of user interface would be killer... and PCDJ costs $200 and is nowhere near as good as MJ.  I will try and do an interface mockup once I am at home this evening.

Adam
"It's called No Code because it's full of code. It's misinformation." - Eddie Vedder
Pages: [1]   Go Up