INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MJ9 support for MusicMatch tags  (Read 835 times)

Markeau

• Galactic Citizen
MJ9 support for MusicMatch tags
« on: October 20, 2002, 07:27:23 am »

Per a thread on alt.music.mp3 JimH said I should post this here to remind the development team about the MusicMatch Jukebox tag support that should be in MJ9.  

What would allow many of us MMJB users to completely be rid of MMJB (and stop recommending it!) is to not only read/write the MMJB tags for Mood, Preference, Situation and Tempo but also have the same dropdown box values for each so we can keep using them for categorization - these should also be supported in the Media File Properties dialog so tracks can be updated in batch mode.

I have detailed the tags and their standard MMJB pick list values below.  Each tag field should also be editable so a user can add their own value:

Mood
 None (this should leave a blank/whitespace)
 Wild
 Upbeat
 Morose
 Tranquil
 Comatose

Preference
 Excellent
 Very Good
 Good
 Fair
 Poor

Situation
 Dance
 Party
 Romantic
 Dinner
 Background
 Seasonal
 Rave
 Drunken Brawl

Tempo
 Fast
 Pretty Fast
 Moderate
 Pretty Slow
 Slow

As noted, the None entries should not write "None" into the tag but instead should leave a blank.

If any MMJB users, etc, see that I made a mistake or am leaving something out please comment!  And, MANY THANKS to the MJ team for adding the MMJB support!!!!

Mark

michel

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: MJ9 support for MusicMatch tags
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2002, 08:11:55 am »

IMHO I think that is not a good thing to support proprietary tags. But of course I understand the people who toke a lot of time to type MMJB tags and want to go to the marvellous MJ world.

So why not to do the following:

MJ9 could be able to import MMJB tag and then convert them into automatically added custom tags named 'Mood', 'Preference', 'Situation',...

According to dropdown box values I think that should be the same as any other custom field: I mean only if MJ9 let define a list of allowed values for a custom field.

Nikolay

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Former CTO, JRiver, Inc.
Re: MJ9 support for MusicMatch tags
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2002, 06:37:07 am »

The next build of MJ 9 will support setting and reading of MusicMatch fields.

The fields will be detected and created automatically during import of media files.

Nikolay
Pages: [1]   Go Up