INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: newbie to v9 - questions and comments  (Read 700 times)

phelt

newbie to v9 - questions and comments
« on: October 11, 2002, 07:09:45 pm »

I tried out 90066 and have a few questions and a couple of comments. Note that this was the first time that I tried v9, so answers may be obvious or simplistic  :P

I could not figure out how to replicate my v8 view scheme, which is:
Genre/Album Artist/Album
...with soundtracks and compilations having their titles in the Album Artist field. (Example: "Lost Highway" soundtrack has "Lost Highway" as Album Artist; a mix album by DJ Tiesto has "DJ Tiesto" in the Album Artist field). Is there some way to do this in v9? The "Multiple Artists" appelation was unwelcome - just another click to go through.

I could not find "Custom" fields to fill, while trying to replicate my afore-mentioned scheme.

The new pane for File Properties is _great_. Any chance of Playing Now getting similar treatment? Or DSP?

When will users finally get to reposition the player controls? Perhaps this is in the works for v9, but I am too early in asking.

Automatically "updating" my v8 database without explicit permission was unwelcome.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: newbie to v9 - questions and comments
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2002, 07:56:38 pm »

Automatically "updating" my v8 database without explicit permission was unwelcome

It made a backup first.  And it has to do that or else it can't run.

...with soundtracks and compilations having their titles in the Album Artist field. (Example: "Lost Highway" soundtrack has "Lost Highway" as Album Artist; a mix album by DJ Tiesto has "DJ Tiesto" in the Album Artist field). Is there some way to do this in v9? The "Multiple Artists" appelation was unwelcome - just another click to go through.

You can create any DB fields.  Look in Options -> Tree & View

Any chance of Playing Now getting similar treatment? Or DSP?

Playing Now may end up as one of the property window modes eventually.

When will users finally get to reposition the player controls? Perhaps this is in the works for v9, but I am too early in asking.

"mini-me" is your best bet for free form.  MEGA-ME tries instead to provide one logical layout.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

phelt

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2002, 11:11:51 am »

Hi Matt - Thanks for the rapid response!
Just to clarify the tagging/sorting issue, do the custom DB fields get set as tag data in the files, or are they exclusive to the DB?

Also, can the existing Album Artist tags set by MJ8 be re-used or will I need to remove those?

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2002, 02:13:48 pm »

they are saved to the file along with all the other MJ fields.

I already looked into the Tags (at least for MP3's)
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA
Pages: [1]   Go Up