INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Feature Request - Image Album Folders  (Read 949 times)

NoCodeUK

• Citizen of the Universe
Feature Request - Image Album Folders
« on: October 06, 2002, 12:58:58 am »

Idea for a feature in the image section.  Obviously when the program was just dealing with audio this wouldn't have been necessary due to the scope of a CD but I thought for images it would be nice if you could have a generic album title for your images and then subalbums within the main album for example I have various covers stored on my HD.  It would be nice to be able to have a general album called Covers which they all appear in but then also to have sub albums within that e.g. album covers, game covers, video covers etc.  If this can already be done then put it down to the babblings of my early morningness (yes it is am here!!)  and please tell me how to do it!!  And if it is not could it possibly be implemented?? ;D

Cheers

Adam
"It's called No Code because it's full of code. It's misinformation." - Eddie Vedder

NoCodeUK

Re: Feature Request - Image Album Folders
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2002, 01:08:26 am »

Just thought of an extension to the idea.  Maybe you could use some kind of delimiter in the image album field that said that was a split e.g. | as not many people would use that in an album name.  This would mean you could enter the levels of the album like this e.g Covers | Game Covers | Action or Covers | Albums | Rock.  The cover would still be a member of each previous level so all covers would appear in Covers, all video covers would also be in video covers etc.  That way the depth of organisation for images would be almost limitless.

Adam
"It's called No Code because it's full of code. It's misinformation." - Eddie Vedder

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2002, 08:52:15 am »

Not sure if this helps, but the MJ 9 database will be totally flexible.  So, you could add a "Sub-Album" field and then search, sort, and make view schemes with it.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

NoCodeUK

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2002, 09:36:29 am »

Cool.  So is that in the program already or is that something to look forward to ;D

Cheers

Adam

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2002, 11:57:03 am »

you can go to

Tools, Options, Tree And View Settings

The "ADD"

This Will Allow You To Add A Field

There Is Two "ADD" buttons so it is not really clear, but it is the one on the left.

the only problem I see right now is I can not access new fields within the Current SDK Info

Eg. If I Create Custom1 And Try To Save To Custom1 MJ9 Does Not See The New Info Trying To Be Saved To It.
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

Quisp

• Galactic Citizen
  • Dol Sot Bi Bim Bap
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2002, 02:19:02 pm »

Not sure if this helps, but the MJ 9 database will be totally flexible.  So, you could add a "Sub-Album" field and then search, sort, and make view schemes with it.

Matt, with this in mind... I'd like to create a sort field so that I can create a custom sort, like sorting artists by their last names of all things. The trouble is I have about 30-40 thousand files to edit. It would be really cool to populate one field with the values of another-- say, populate the sort field with the value of the artist field. This way I could just edit the values that needed to change and I could still sort by this field for the ones that don't change, like names of most bands. If export/import is possible I could figure out a way to swap the first and last names through the wonders of external programming. Would probably immediately save me about a weeks worth of work...

The thing is, I'd like to "see" my music as Artist/Album but have it "sorted" by say, Artist(sort) or for that matter, time.... Will this be possible?
Pages: [1]   Go Up