INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Issues recording cassettes  (Read 630 times)

liebls

• Recent member
  • Simon
Issues recording cassettes
« on: December 31, 2002, 06:02:09 am »

Having got all my CDs burned, I'm now moving on to cassettes. I think I've correctly sussed the track splitting options but I get two common issues:

1. The track list retrieved from the internet is normally the CD track order which is sometimes different to the cassette order. I can't find a simple way to "reorder" tracks either before or after recording. Before recording, there is "add", "delete" and "insert". A "move up/down" option would do the trick here. After recording, I guess the problem is rather different. A feature here that might achieve it would also help with synching file names with database names. How about a dual pane allowing matching the database name to the file name. This would also allow tidying of iterative filenames (e.g xxx(2).mp3 and xxx(3).mp3), which could be matched/renamed or deleted in this view.

2. Is it possible to "join" mp3s (or other formats)? Even with the best will in the world, the track splitting settings can't always split correctly so you get multiple files for the same track. A crude join would be fine even if there was a small gap or click. With the feature described in 1 above, the database names/file names could then be synched.

Pages: [1]   Go Up