INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: CD Covers  (Read 1536 times)

nila

CD Covers
« on: September 29, 2002, 03:30:16 am »

Hiya,
I'm not sure where you guys get covers from but I thought you might find these links useful.

http://www.searchcovers.com/

That's a big site that lets you search for covers - not sure how useful it might be because it lists other sites that have covers, doesn't directly show them - possibly use it if your normal search fails then just display the html page with the query entered already so they can get it themselves.

The other site that would probably be more useful as it has covers directly on it and has a standard format and so could be reverse engineered fairly easily is:
http://covers.f00.nu/listkat.php

They seem to have a LOT of covers and there are no pop up's or tricks to get the covers.

Might be a useful way to find covers :)
You could offer to get back, inlay etc covers as well as front if the person wanted them.

PhatPhreddy

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Cosmic Comic
Re: CD Covers
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2002, 06:36:18 am »

www.cdcovers.cc is my fave... need a php hacker to work a way of parsing it...
Phreddy@PhatPhreddy.net ICQ# 168975535
HTPC Front ends  

Quisp

• Galactic Citizen
  • Dol Sot Bi Bim Bap
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2002, 07:17:10 am »

I've got thousands of CDs to rip and I can't stand any one of these "services". WAY too slow speed wise and WAY WAY too much garbage and poor interface design to wade through. Would be great if they just gave you the goods and charged a minimal fee so that people who just want to get things done, can.

Anyway, it is MUCH faster for me to scan the cover in myself using MJ. It works great and it is probably 30 seconds or so faster per cover, and that is assuming that the cover even exists on another site.

It would be nice to have a means to upload scanned images as "easily" as it will be to upload CD tracks to YADB. Whomever MJ uses, their DB is pretty weak.

Kurt Young

• Tastes like crab, talks like people.
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2002, 08:00:18 am »

I use amazon.com, hehe.  I search for the album and click on the cover... it (usually) gives you a good 300 X 300 size photo of the cover art.  I usually copy it into paintshop pro, size it down to 200 X 200, and save it as folder.jpg to the subdirectory where I've ripped my CD.  It takes a second or two, but it's easy once you get a groove on.

Consequentially, I never buy anything from amazon.com -- I wonder if this would be considered internet piracy?   :P
 mjextman.exe /ipodsync

Quisp

• Galactic Citizen
  • Dol Sot Bi Bim Bap
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2002, 08:05:23 am »

Funny, I use them and CDnow! Also, you can get alot of covers from Emusic without having to be a member.

DocLotus

• Retired and; Loving It!!!
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2002, 12:09:14 pm »

I use CDCovers.cc
http://www.cdcovers.cc/covers.php
most of the time.

I also find
http://www.cd-covers.com/
to be very useful finding a good cover site as they do nothing but rate Cover sites with 1-5 stars.
MC... Latest version, 1 Mini PC, w/ Server.
TV... USA, ZIP 77036, Std view, Full screen, Not detached, Silicon Dust Guide, OTA, ATSC 1.
MC Audio... Realtek HD 7.1, MP3 Ext, Basic playback.
MC Control... Key, Mouse w/ G HUB.
Windows... 10 Pro, 64 bit, All MS updates.
Hardware... Beelink AMD GR5 Pro Mini PC, 16GB memory, 3 internal HDD's w/ 4.5 TB storage, 8 TB external storage.
1 SiliconDust HD HomeRun Connect Quatro, 1 SiliconDust HDHomeRun Flex Quatro, Amped Antenna w/ splitter.

PhatPhreddy

• Cosmic Comic
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2002, 11:25:26 pm »

IRFanView will batch convert betweeen rez's so that mutiple input files all spill out at 200x200 for a timesaver...

I find it hard to believe that you can get a CD, remove its cover, scan and save, re insert it in the CD faster than the CDCovers alphabet click scroll to artist click button system...

Must have a faster scanner and quicker hands than I....
Phreddy@PhatPhreddy.net ICQ# 168975535
HTPC Front ends  

nila

« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2002, 01:22:20 am »

I used to use cdcovers.cc until I found that second link.
It's 100 times faster than cd covers though now as you can directly click on the song straight away and you can find the song instantly using that little search field.
Not sure about for all of you but using that second link I can have both covers in around 15 seconds or something.
Thats from scratch including finding the cover. A LOT faster than cdcovers.cc

Quisp

• Galactic Citizen
  • Dol Sot Bi Bim Bap
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2002, 04:37:55 am »

Yep! Epson.

Here is what I do...

1. I have to open the CD in order to rip it. So it's pretty fast to get the cover out at the same time.
2. In MJ I just select get cover from scanner, it does a quick preview scan, automatically reduces the live scan area to fit and then scans, names and saves the image automatically. If I skip the preview I gain about 5-10 seconds.

The whole process takes all of about 20-30 seconds tops and I literally only have to click the mouse twice.

If I go the Web site route, it could take a minute just to find out that the CD isn't there. All of the sites I've tried are hit pretty hard and are very slow and with all the ads it is an annoying process. But it is worth it if you don't have a scanner, don't have the CD and can't get the cover any other way.
Pages: [1]   Go Up