INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Brushed metal 9.1 skin (UPDATE - 214)  (Read 36373 times)

IanH

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Never fly the "A" model of anything...
Re: Brushed metal 9.1 skin ...
« Reply #50 on: June 27, 2003, 08:21:12 am »

Nice job JC, skin looks great! :)

The Dude

• Recent member
« Reply #51 on: June 28, 2003, 11:48:51 pm »

JC, absolutely fantastic work. What font are you using in those screenshots? Is that the standard MC font? I switched away and I would rather use the font you're using but I don't remember what the preset font is.

JC

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #52 on: June 29, 2003, 07:36:43 am »

Lucida Grande Regular 9 point.

Thanks for the kind words. I'm working on a mini-me version now (30% done) and it will contain the ttf file. If you need it beforehand, just PM me.

Thanks again. Glad you enjoy it.

GRAYDOG

• World Citizen
  • Weimaraners Rule
« Reply #53 on: June 29, 2003, 12:43:49 pm »

JC, it looks great and i think one of the best skins out there

lOth

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #54 on: June 29, 2003, 12:59:00 pm »

Love it.
What about a matching Hairstyle theme?

sraymond

« Reply #55 on: June 29, 2003, 01:54:26 pm »

Hairstyle skins are pretty basic so far.  There's not much you can do...  I wonder if this will change in the near future.

Scott-

lOth

« Reply #56 on: June 29, 2003, 02:49:44 pm »

Hairstyle skins are pretty basic so far.  There's not much you can do...  

That's why I've decided that I should go ahead and start doing it myself  ;)

I'll post it if it ends up looking ok.

ashawley

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #57 on: July 02, 2003, 10:52:45 am »

How's that Mine-me coming along JC?  Hmmm??

:D :D

Adam

JC

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #58 on: July 02, 2003, 01:55:33 pm »

How's that Mine-me coming along JC?  Hmmm??

:D :D

Adam

Adam,

Glad you are still interested ... I spent some time working out some bugs and tweaking the display (as transparency and animation speed were concerns), but if you check this thread, you will see an early screenshot and I should be posting a new screenshot today.

Additionally, I will probably need some beta testers to confirm the Lucida Grande font is properly installed when installing the mini-me skin. Keep an eye on the mini-me thread. I'll post information over there when I get home from work.

Phil Lee

• World Citizen
« Reply #59 on: July 07, 2003, 02:51:40 am »

The skin looks great, especially after I sorted out the fonts and switched on ClearType. One thing I noticed though is shown on the screenshot in the previous post. There is a white horizontal line running through the location bar which looks ugly. I notice that it isn't on the screenshot posted by you JC. Do you know what causes that to appear?

JC

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #60 on: July 07, 2003, 08:00:36 am »

The skin looks great, especially after I sorted out the fonts and switched on ClearType. One thing I noticed though is shown on the screenshot in the previous post. There is a white horizontal line running through the location bar which looks ugly. I notice that it isn't on the screenshot posted by you JC. Do you know what causes that to appear?

I have the white line also ... I believe it has to do with the way I'm streching the image for the location bar, but haven't spent any time with it to try and fix it. On my computer (1600x1200), it is barely visible, so it hasn't been high on my todo list. I may play around with it some this evening to see if I can remove the effect.

Marko

« Reply #61 on: July 07, 2003, 09:12:38 am »

Hmmm....
using 1280x1024 here and no line.

I tried a few things like changing the font size, also tried it with the lucida grande font, but couldn't make the white line appear. Odd one huh.

This really is a most excellent skin package JC. Thankyou very much for bringing it to us.

-marko

JC

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #62 on: July 07, 2003, 01:52:55 pm »

Updated version here. (Installable package file ... use "Save Target As ..." then run for Firebird browsers - and possible others).

• Removed white bar through the location bar
  • Updated toolbar icons to more appropriate inactive images
  • Increase depth of bevel on outside of application
  • Other changes I can't recall at this time ;)

Enjoy.

lOth

« Reply #63 on: July 08, 2003, 08:14:25 am »

Finally started this brushed metal hairstyle today  :P

Here is where I'm at:

:

In list mode:

As Scott observed above, hairstyle is still too basic. At this point, there are a few things I wish I could do and that hairstyle doesn't allow yet:

_ increase the alpha blend value for the buttons on the right-hand side in list mode (as you can see it's a little too bright right now)

_ change the font for the buttons, so that I can change the color to something darker and use the Lucida Grande (although I don't know yet if LG would be appropriate for a big size display)

_ display tag infos, so that I can really make use of the big display bar at the top

nila

Re: Brushed metal 9.1 skin (UPDATE)
« Reply #64 on: July 08, 2003, 08:44:49 am »

Looks good so far,
It'll make a nice tripple set.

MC Should start supporting skin sets soon as well as individual skins - call them 'themes' or something so that we can change them all together :)

JC

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #65 on: July 08, 2003, 02:09:12 pm »

Very nice ... I wish my computer setup more easily afforded an opportunity to utilize hairstyle. I would love to integrate MC into my home theater system.

Impressive indeed!

8thNote

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #66 on: July 09, 2003, 04:26:01 am »

It would also be nice if the menu background stripes were more faded. As dark as they currently are, it's somewhat hard to read the menu text.

Or I guess you could make the menu text a little more bold.

Yangus

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #67 on: July 09, 2003, 08:20:30 am »

What happened to that all grey version?
Did it get banned? Is there any where I can take a look at it?
It also had alternating stripes in the library which looked nice.

Cheers.

JC

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #68 on: July 09, 2003, 08:36:58 am »

What happened to that all grey version?
Did it get banned? Is there any where I can take a look at it?
It also had alternating stripes in the library which looked nice.

Cheers.

It was previously available in this thread ... not sure why the author pulled it. I thought it looked very nice ...

:-/

Yangus

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #69 on: July 09, 2003, 09:43:55 am »

OK.
Is there any chance of you adding alternating stripes in the library? I think the skin looks great as it is but that striping did look nice  ;)

nameless

« Reply #70 on: July 09, 2003, 10:55:30 am »

It was previously available in this thread ... not sure why the author pulled it. I thought it looked very nice ...
:-/

I didn't pull it to be a jerk or anything...

The original "Brushed Metal" skin used a directory under MegaSkins named "Itunes2" or something like that.  I manually renamed it to "Brushed Metal", and worked on my grey version of the skin there.  And like an idiot, I didn't back the files up.

When I installed the last update to JC's skin, via MJP file, it overwrote all of my files--since the internal directory name had been changed to "Brushed Metal".  I had not expected the directory name to change from "Itunes2".

So I have no more grey skin anywhere.  Which is too bad, since I had spent a few additional hours working on "standard-looking" scrollbars and such.  :-[

JC

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #71 on: July 09, 2003, 12:16:31 pm »

OK.
Is there any chance of you adding alternating stripes in the library? I think the skin looks great as it is but that striping did look nice  ;)

Gridline display is defined in the application. Not sure which option as I'm at work right now (no MC9 on my laptop). If you enable the stripes, they will display, even in my skin, but the option to display or not is set within MC9.

I'll post with the exact location when I return home this evening.

JC

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #72 on: July 09, 2003, 12:47:17 pm »

I didn't pull it to be a jerk or anything...

I feel terrible nameless. I'm sorry to have costed you so much work. Perhaps someone that downloaded it still has it and can send it to you?

I wish I had it, but I wiped all my "test skin" directories and went with the defaults to confirm the install file worked properly.

I'm terribly sorry about killing your skin! If anyone has it, could they PM nameless so he can post it again?

nameless

« Reply #73 on: July 09, 2003, 01:03:50 pm »

No problem JC, it was careless on my part.  No one can send it to me, since I hadn't yet made it available for download (it wasn't quite finished yet, to my mind).  The screen shot I posted was a "preview".  No biggie.   ;)

JC

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #74 on: July 14, 2003, 07:13:47 pm »

Inactive toolbar blend functionality has been added to support build 9.1.214

Installable MJP file here.

Kurt Young

• Tastes like crab, talks like people.
Re: Brushed metal 9.1 skin (UPDATE - 214)
« Reply #75 on: July 15, 2003, 07:24:59 am »

I'm sorry to hear about your skin getting assimilated, nameless, but I must say that I'm glad folks are shying away from the word "iTunes".  Let's just disassociate that copyrighted trademark word as much as we can from MC9, and the skins we post about it.

8)
 mjextman.exe /ipodsync

knickelfarz

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #76 on: July 30, 2003, 04:31:14 am »

Maybe you would like to take a look at the bug thread for 224... I posted a list of obsolete images. You can even remove the "Thumbs.db". ;)

DougHamm

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #77 on: August 01, 2003, 10:45:00 am »

I would _love_ to give that hairstyle a whirl, simple or not.  I'm looking for something simple for family members, and I've already mimicked the look of the brushed metal skin in myHTPC.  Your hairstyle would fit in transparently.  Any chance of releasing a beta?

lOth

« Reply #78 on: August 02, 2003, 07:41:43 am »

You'll find a download link in this thread :

http://www.musicex.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=MediaCenter;action=display;num=1058407203;start=0#1

It is still in beta and I don't have time to work on it for the time being. Hope it will work for you though...

matshif

« Reply #79 on: August 12, 2003, 12:38:19 pm »

Hello JC
There's no Refresh Button in Action Windows, or whatever it's called, in your skin.

Mats

matshif

« Reply #80 on: August 12, 2003, 05:52:22 pm »

Hello JC
There's no Refresh Button in Action Windows, or whatever it's called, in your skin.

Mats

Since the last build, .231 we are talking about the Home Page Button. The house thing in the Action Window.

Mats

NoCodeUK

« Reply #81 on: August 16, 2003, 05:40:56 am »

I hope JC doesn't mind but I have taken the liberty of editing the Brushed Metal skin to include the Action Window buttons and also to enlarge the top bar and player caption window so that evrything fits better under the new version.  If anyone requires the new graphics and xml file just PM and I will send them to you as I do not know how to create an MJP yet...

Adam
"It's called No Code because it's full of code. It's misinformation." - Eddie Vedder

matshif

« Reply #82 on: August 16, 2003, 01:53:23 pm »

I hope JC doesn't mind but I have taken the liberty of editing the Brushed Metal skin to include the Action Window buttons and also to enlarge the top bar and player caption window so that evrything fits better under the new version.  If anyone requires the new graphics and xml file just PM and I will send them to you as I do not know how to create an MJP yet...

Adam

Plz send them.

Mats

Stebajo

• World Citizen
  • Every move you'll make I'll be here with you
« Reply #83 on: August 16, 2003, 03:32:28 pm »

Inactive toolbar blend functionality has been added to support build 9.1.214

Installable MJP file here.

WOW JC, you've made a fantastic skin!!! It's that i was looking for...  clean and clear with some dots of colors; perhaps I would prefer to add soft colors to main player keys too, but just a sensation of mine.

Many, many thanks!!!  ;D

Stebajo

ashawley

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #84 on: August 17, 2003, 08:23:14 am »

Adam:

Thanks for doing that.  JC seems to be MIA at the moment.

Is there someone out there that could create the MJP file based on Adam's edits?  

I'll be happy to host it until we can find JC again.  This skin is just too cool.....

Adam (the other Adam that is)  :D

matshif

« Reply #85 on: August 17, 2003, 12:28:38 pm »

Adam

I'm waiting :P

Mats

JC

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #86 on: August 18, 2003, 12:04:03 am »

Terribly sorry for the hiatus everyone. I've been out of the country for a bit and apparently, I've missed a lot. Thanks to NoCodeUK for updating the skin and of course I don't mind.

I'll be installing the new beta soon and will update the skin to follow. Does the minime skin still work?

Thanks all, hope to have an update soon,
JC

NoCodeUK

« Reply #87 on: August 18, 2003, 12:37:40 am »

Hi JC.  Good to see you back.... Basically all I did was add support for the Action Window and I also extended the top frame bar and the player bar as they seem to be too small in the new version so its just 2 graphic files changed and the main.xml.  I included the action window icons from PixOS rather than design anything new.

matshif

If you want me to send you the files you will have to PM your email address.  I have nowhere to store the files so have to send them.

Adam
"It's called No Code because it's full of code. It's misinformation." - Eddie Vedder

matshif

« Reply #88 on: August 18, 2003, 12:45:08 am »

Hi JC.  Good to see you back.... Basically all I did was add support for the Action Window and I also extended the top frame bar and the player bar as they seem to be too small in the new version so its just 2 graphic files changed and the main.xml.  I included the action window icons from PixOS rather than design anything new.

matshif

If you want me to send you the files you will have to PM your email address.  I have nowhere to store the files so have to send them.

Adam

I have one in my Profile and you have got an other as a Message in Interact.

Thank you
Mats

NoCodeUK

« Reply #89 on: August 18, 2003, 01:25:09 am »

Sorry matshif...nobody else had an email addy in their profiles.  I didn't even think to check.  I will send you the files as soon as I get home tonight...

Adam

matshif

« Reply #90 on: August 18, 2003, 01:28:48 am »

Sorry matshif...nobody else had an email addy in their profiles.  I didn't even think to check.  I will send you the files as soon as I get home tonight...

Adam

No hurry. I'm away this night and be back tomorrow 19/8, in the evening. But thanks a lot. Maybe I should remove my e-mail adress in Profile?...since "nobody else had an email addy in their profiles" :-/

Mats

NoCodeUK

« Reply #91 on: August 18, 2003, 01:34:14 am »

I guess we are all just a paranoid lot :)  I always set my email address to hidden just as a security thing...

Adam

ashawley

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #92 on: August 18, 2003, 10:21:47 am »

There are just too many darn "Adam's" here.  I'm one of 'em and even I can't follow it all.

Anyway, glad you're back JC!!!  :D

We thought we'd lost you there.

Adam (the one from the 'lounge).  

Kurt Young

• Tastes like crab, talks like people.
« Reply #93 on: August 18, 2003, 10:30:24 am »

Woot, JC's back in the house!  

Glad to see the triumphant return, and aye, you have missed a lot.

I wanted to ask "a skin maker" this question, and, since you make the skin I use most, I figure you can totally answer it.  Hehe, ready?

I would LOVE it if I could, on my system, somehow map the normal "minimize" button (top right) to the "activate mini-me" command.  That is, I click minimize, and MC snaps into your brushed metal mini-me.  Then, if I want to REALLY minimize it, I can use the minimize button on your mini-me (I'm gettin sickka typing "mini" already!).

I dunno if it can be worked into a skin or if it'd be a reg hack or something like that... I'm 100% in the dark, and hoping that y'all know.

Cheers!

-Kurt (also the one from the 'lounge, :D)
 mjextman.exe /ipodsync

bennyd

• Project Leader
« Reply #94 on: August 20, 2003, 08:47:48 am »

Any luck getting this skin to work with .235 ?
may U live 2 see the dawn

bennyd :-)

matshif

« Reply #95 on: August 20, 2003, 10:04:32 am »

Any luck getting this skin to work with .235 ?

Maybe NoCodeUK can be so nice and send us a fix for at least .234. I don't think there have been any change in the skin since .234.

Mats

NoCodeUK

« Reply #96 on: August 20, 2003, 03:23:50 pm »

I forget what I changed now for .235 as I have moved onto doing my own XP Luna skin but I think it is the pane for the action window and the icons.  If so I can post them to someone if the have space to serve them...

Adam

NoCodeUK

« Reply #97 on: August 20, 2003, 03:25:13 pm »

I forget to mention I have also done some iPod rating icons.  Thought it would be appropriate for the Brushed Metal look!!  I can post those too if anyone wants them...they are an ipod outline which goes white on hover, and the screen light up on click/select...

Adam

matshif

« Reply #98 on: August 20, 2003, 03:31:03 pm »

I forget what I changed now for .235 as I have moved onto doing my own XP Luna skin but I think it is the pane for the action window and the icons.  If so I can post them to someone if the have space to serve them...

Adam

Please do. And the iPod rating too.
Thanks

PS You have to use the e-mail adress you used before There's nothing at my Profile any longer. Paranoia you know ;)

Mats

Pink Waters

• Finally I understand the feelings of the few
« Reply #99 on: August 20, 2003, 08:32:12 pm »

Adam

if you wana quit it to be free for your luna adam.. i don't mind to update Ipod.
Tamer

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up