INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Updated : Website Creator - Bugs fixed!!  (Read 6882 times)

nila

Updated : Website Creator - Bugs fixed!!
« on: September 27, 2003, 11:51:41 am »

Ok

Took me long enough but I've finally done it. Thank god for weekends (I'm sure I'm meant to spend them relaxing not coding).

Anyway, I think I've made my website creator plugin.

Unfortunately at this point it just makes static pages but I'm planning to update it so it'll create dynamic ones too.

All the pages are modifyable via an external css file so are easy to tweak.

The code used for all the pages is fully modifyable as well and so you can really tweak the pages to look exactly how you want them to.

Images are also resampled and sized (Thanks Rhino for the program) and it's all saved locally ready for you to upload where ever you want to.

I need Alpha testers to test it for me.

Please only get in touch if you are fairly computer literate and dont mind actually testing it - it's going to crash quite a bit probably.

I'll release it publically pretty soon. just wanna get rid of the biggest bugs first.

Any testers contact me by PM with either their MSN, ICQ or AIM contacts details so they can test and give me live feedback.

Thanks!!

Nila

Oh yeah - demo site is available to see here:

http://www.hostrus.co.uk/tmp/wc/thumbs_1.htm

The site was created in full by the plugin.

nila

Re: Website Creator
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2003, 11:52:52 am »

Oh yeah - and preferably contact me if you have a lot of images tagged so it can produce some nicely tagged pages that I can use as examples of the sites it can make.

Thanks!!

nila

Re: Website Creator : Released - Have fun!
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2003, 02:15:43 pm »

Well I think it's ready and working.

I'm taking off tomorrow for a two week dance convention in switzerland (http://www.styleisking.com)and so wont be online for that time so I tried to get it as stable as I could before I left.

I've uploaded it now.
Download it here:

http://www.musicex.com/cgi-bin/downloads/mcplugins.pl?type=10&start=0&end=10&page=1

Post bugs, comments etc here.

I wont be back till the 15th probably so dont expect replies till then.

PLEASE post bug reports and stuff anyway thou so I can fix it when I get back.

Have fun!

Good Luck!

dragyn

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2003, 02:45:05 pm »

I'll check it out. I don't really have a website to play with it though.

Looks pretty good anyway. Have a fun time!

Phil Lee

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2003, 04:00:40 pm »

I can't get the plugin to install. It gets downloaded and says that it's installed but it isn't listed in the plugin manager and I can't find anyway to run it.

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2003, 04:14:32 pm »

Same here.

bennyd

• Project Leader
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2003, 10:05:10 pm »

same here
may U live 2 see the dawn

bennyd :-)

nila

« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2003, 12:11:11 am »

Sorry about that guys.

First plugin I've submitted and so I had no idea what they meant when they asked for 'action' in the upload area and so I goofed up.

I tried to edit the file I uploaded but it doesn't seem to be letting me.

Anyway you can download the Setup program here:

http://www.musicex.com/mediacenter/mc_data/plugins/setup.zip

(That's the path from inside the mjp file)

Unzip it then run the setup.exe

Sorry it's not as smooth as it should be, was just trying to get it put up there fast so you could play with it while I'm gone.

The mjp file is downloading the file, it's just not dealing with it properly after it's downloaded.
Sorry!

Good luck and please post any problems issues asap so if there's anything else big (like this) I can fix it before I leave.

Thanks! - Sorry  ;D

nila

« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2003, 12:21:47 am »

Doof - favour to ask - your a forum admin.

Can u modify the post in the main forum and amend the link to download it to the link I just posted here? It's locked so I cant change it.

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2003, 07:02:34 am »

Doof - favour to ask - your a forum admin.

Can u modify the post in the main forum and amend the link to download it to the link I just posted here? It's locked so I cant change it.

Done.

NoCodeUK

« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2003, 07:04:30 am »

I had a simialr problem but after a reboot the plugin appeared.  It appears you canot simply restart MC you have to physically reboot your box...

Adam
"It's called No Code because it's full of code. It's misinformation." - Eddie Vedder

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2003, 07:24:48 am »

Not bad. It crashed on me a couple of times when I clicked the Select Files button, but it seems to have gone away. The only thing I can link it to is this:

When I first started the plugin, and clicked on the select playlist button, I realized that I had no images imported. So I imported some. I then went back to the plugin and chose Select Playlist, and then I chose Recently Imported. When I clicked Select Files, it crashed.

Once it had crashed, I had no way of using it again until I exited MC and came back in.

I went back into the plugin, chose Select Playlist and noticed that Recently Imported was no longer an option. So I left the plugin, created a new playlist (called Test), and put some images in there. I then went back to the plugin, clicked Select Playlist, chose Test from the list, and clicked Select Files. It crashed again.

So I exited and restarted MC. Went back in to the plugin, chose Test from the list and now it works fine. It kind of feels like the plugin crashes if you try and access a playlist that you just created in the same session that you try to run the plugin. Or if you enter the plugin, create a playlist, then go back to the plugin and try to select it.

I just ran another test, and it seems to confirm that.

There's also some weird bug where clicking on the tabs don't actually switch until you click on them again.

Other than that, it's really nice. A couple of suggestions, though.

1. Allow us to choose from our view schemes as well as our playlists.

2. Allow us to create a folder from within the plugin to store the website in rather than having to create one externally beforehand.

3. Allow us to upload the website directly to our server.

Cmagic

• Enjoying life with a little music....
Re:Website Creator : Released - Have fun!
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2003, 03:07:52 am »

Hi Nila,

What's happening with your website creator plugin ?

I wanted to give it a try but was unable to download it either from the MC plugins page or from the link (which appears to be the same anyway !) you posted in this very thread.

Went to have a look on your demo site and it looks quite good.

Thanks for any advice and have a nice day,

Christian
Until the color of a man's skin is of no more significance
than the color of his eyes.
Bob Marley (War)

nila

« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2003, 05:25:39 am »

Hey CMagic :)

I fixed it.

Just tested and it downloads and opens up the installer fine.

PLEASE let me know how you find it.

I'm working on updating it and am going to fix and change a few things.

The first being how you select the files (going to give an option of just selecting files by doing searches etc instead of having to use a playlist.
It will then also save each bunch of files used into a playlist after it's made the site to keep a record of all the sites made.

I MIGHT also make it include an index page that it updates every time it makes a site with links to each 'Collection' of photo's so that each time y ou make a new site it updates the first page to include a link to that new photo collection.

Have to look into ftp uploading too as per doof's request.

After you install it - download this:

http://www.hostrus.co.uk/tmp/WebsiteCreator.ocx
and replace the one in the installation dir with it (fixes a few bugs and lets you create folders from inside the plugin - it's a tiny download).

The 'Links' colours are still there and I need to remove them - going to replace them with 'font' options for the page.

Give me ALL and any feedback - haven't done much work on this cause no one seems to be interested so it's not worth it.

When I get a bit of free time I am going to set it up to create dynamic website (export to mySQL db along with php page for browsing).

nila

« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2003, 05:29:11 am »

Oh yeah and Doof - Tried to look into creating 'view schemes' from within the plugin to copy the MC panes but it doesn't seem to be possible with the SDK right now - I'll add a search box so you can do searches or get from a playlist but unless u have any other ideas - thats the only way I can think of doing it.

U can now add folders from inside it

FTP Upload is coming soon!

Cmagic

« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2003, 10:03:18 am »

My dear Nila,

Thanks for the reply and the now working link to your plugin. Working ? Well, at least for downloading since I went trough a rather rough installation.

I first tried to use the link on the interact plugin page from within MC. Got the plugin to install, aparently all went well then somewhere during the installation process the setup program asked me to locate a setupe.exe file on my HDD. Could not find any so I cancelled.

I then decided to download the setup.zip from the link above. I then got an error at the end of the install :
Error executing file. (#1, Line 16)

Well, well ! I tried and it seemed to work so I decided to download the new WebSiteCreator.ocx you mentioned in your post. Closed MC, dowloaded the new .ocx, restarted MC and then...
MC sends me an Information popup stating : ' Interface Plug-in 'Web Site Creator' could not be found or created'
Tried to close the popup, clicked Ok Several times, no success. I had to enter the '3 fingers' mode in order to kill MC.
MC would not restart without the 'Information Popup'.

Ok, "calm down", I said to myself, let's deinstall Web site creator.
I went in the control panel and desinstalled WSC.
Tried to start MC, no luck, still the infamous 'Information' popup.
I said, "Ok, let's face the situation, something must be broken inside MC", let's reinstall MC (9.1.291).
I promptly did and then...
Information : 'Interface Plug-in 'Web Site Creator' could not be found or created'
again ?

So I decided to use the heavy bombers : Start/Execute/regedit, found a couple of entries named Web Site Creator and deleted them.
Let's see now if the bombing was efficient. Started MC again and, thanks it is back to life. At least my '3 fingers' can get some rest.

Now what happened ? Maybe it's because I installed .NET last week ? I don't know. I will give it another try on my second machine when I have time.

Nila, have you any idea of anything I may have done wrongly ?

Thanks,

Christian

Bob Marley (War)

nila

« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2003, 10:18:54 am »

lol.

Well that got me laughing - sounds scarier than the Chainsaw masacres - now I wont have any problems going to see that film.

I'm gonna run the full installer on my system later on tonight and I'll see what happens - the 'half install' sounds like it was the problem.

Haven't heard of anyone else suffering this hell.

I can make the programs ok - the installers are what seem to be causing me problems :(

nila

Re:Updated : Website Creator - Bugs fixed!!
« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2003, 04:07:01 pm »

OK!!!

Website Creator is updated!!!

Installer is around as solid as I can make it - fixed installer and uninstaller.

Fixed Plugin.

Fixed all the bugs I think

Test and let me know!! :)

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2003, 09:46:01 pm »

I still can't get it to install. It tells me it's missing a file and to insert Disk #1.

What exactly am I supposed to do to install this? I tried to just click the link on the plugins download page (0.9.2 - dated 11/4/03 - 4/11/03 for you Brits ;) ) and this is what happened.

MC tells me this action will intall an MC component and asks me if I want to proceed. I say yes.

It then downloads and I get a message from MC saying that the Package was successfully installed.

At this point, the installer actually kicks off. I go through the steps and it eventually tells me to insert a disk. It's looking for WSCsetup.exe which it believes should be in "C:\DOCUME~1\DOOF\LOCALS~1\Temp\Website Creator".

Any ideas?

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2003, 09:48:56 pm »

The same thing happens with your Auto Equalizer plugin as well, BTW.

Is it possible that MC is deleting the temporary install files before it actually gets to install? The "Package was succesfully installed." message makes me wonder if the combination of an mjp file and a setup exe is confusing it.

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2003, 09:58:37 pm »

Just ran a quick test. I downloaded the .zip file directly, extracted the exe to my desktop and ran it from there. It installed perfectly.

It almost looks as though the setup files may be getting deleted prematurely in some way.

Another test seems to confirm that. I clicked the link and MC began downloading it. I had my Temp folder open and as soon as it began downloading I saw the wscsetup.zip file appear. As soon as it finished downloading and MC kicked off the actual setup executable, it popped up its Package was successfully installed message and the zip file was deleted. Unfortunately, the folder "Website Creator" that the setup program is looking for was never created.

sraymond

« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2003, 11:00:13 pm »

I still can't get it to install. It tells me it's missing a file and to insert Disk #1.

Same here...

Scott-

nila

« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2003, 03:07:11 am »

I'll try get some help off of JRiver and try fix the mjp installer.

Glad to hear the setup file worked perfectly for you.

How's the plugin working?

To download the WORKING installer download from here then unzip:

http://www.musicex.com/mediacenter/mc_data/plugins/wscsetup.zip

Rob L

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2003, 05:41:23 pm »

Hm, still can't get it working, even from that link :-(

It just comes up with the same "Interface Plug-in ''Web Site Creator" could not be found or created" as others have mentioned....

Cmagic

« Reply #24 on: November 10, 2003, 05:21:20 am »

Hi Nila,

Same as Doof, Scott and Rob, I can't get the new Website creator (is it 0.9.2 ?) to install either from the MC plugin page or from your installer (wcsetup.zip)...

have a nice day

Christian

Bob Marley (War)

Cmagic

« Reply #25 on: November 10, 2003, 05:35:26 am »

Ok, looks like I posted too fast.

I was able to install the plugin with the installer I downloaded from your link. The trick was to unpack the archive (wcsetup.zip) in a temp location first. The first time I tried to install direct from the archive (was using total commander).

Now it's running.

The image preview's good but it does not resize the image, does it ? The result is that you only have a portion of the image. Well it's only a preview !
Thanks for adding the ability to create a target directory.

One thing : When I enter MC library fields in either the thumbnail or picture page, it looks like wsc always add a newline in between fields. Is there a way to tell wsc to generate everything on the same line ?

For example something like [Date (day][Date (month)][Date (year)] will display
september

when I wanted

22 september 2003

Thanks,

Christian
Bob Marley (War)

nila

« Reply #26 on: November 10, 2003, 05:44:36 am »

Wanna send me one of the pages it created?

As for the previews - they are going to resize dont worry :)

At least it's working for you.
I cant work out why it works for some people but not others?

If you send me the page I can see the code it's generated and then work out what I need to change.

It's probably the fact I've made it wrap all MC fields you enter in:  <div class="MCFIELDNAME"  tags so that each field can be tweaked for ALL the pages via the external .css file.

Send me it though and I'll work it out :)

Cmagic

« Reply #27 on: November 10, 2003, 06:56:28 am »

No problem,

Nila I have made a little test site for you. Can I send it to you, or is it ok to just publish it on the web ?

Test for you online -> http://tarmag.free.fr/Test/

If you need more just give me an email where I can send the generated pages.

You can see that on the picture pages there is only one MC field per line when I wanted day/month/year on the same. In the pictures page tab I filled the above picture box with [Album] [Date (day)] [Date (month)] [Date (year)].

Thanks,

christian

Bob Marley (War)

nila

« Reply #28 on: November 10, 2003, 07:27:20 am »

Can you try it with a couple of fields that just have single words for the field name?

(ie. no ('s in the name or spaces) I think that might be whats causing the mess up with the css name's.)

I might have to tweak it to change the field names when using them for the css.

See if it puts them on the same line with like:  [album] [artist] [comment] or something and if that works for you then let me know and I'll have to fix the css style names to deal with spaces etc better :)

Cmagic

« Reply #29 on: November 10, 2003, 09:43:02 am »

Hi,

Yep you're right. I tried using simple (no spaces) fields like [Width] [Height] [Places] [Comment] and they are all on the same line.

Thanks for the tip,

If you can do something that would be great.

BTW, after trying wsc I found it was quite practical. I mean the 'Photo Album by playlist using drag'n drop in the AW plus the full access to MC fields make it very easy to create a web photo galery.

I currently use a great free web album utility called Jalbum (http://www.datadosen.se/jalbum/index.jsp).
It produces great web album thanks to a library of nice templates but of course it can't have access to the MC fields.
If wsc could generate some stuff like that, Nila, that would be great ! :) You know my html/css skills are rather limited !

Thanks,

Christian

Bob Marley (War)

nila

« Reply #30 on: November 10, 2003, 10:15:26 am »

Figured it might be.

I'll try fixing that asap.

Once I add the ability to save and load settings, templates etc into WSC then I'll make a bunch of templates and hopefully so will anyone else using it and we can all share them then :)

Also - if there are any other features in that program that aren't in WSC that are useful let me know :)

Thanks!

Cmagic

« Reply #31 on: November 10, 2003, 02:57:26 pm »

Nila,

Also - if there are any other features in that program that aren't in WSC that are useful let me know

Well, it would be nice to be able to automaticaly generate a hierarchy of albums (like in Jalbum) by selecting a playlist group root.

Would it be possible to restrict the playlist display to only images playlist or a given playlist group (i.e. Photo Albums) because I have a lot of audio playlists and it's quite tedious to scroll and find the playlist I want to generate an album with.

Another thing also, could it be possible to have a "back to thumbnails page" on the picture page ?

Ah, I almost forgot, can you add a feature so that the plugin can choose the photos for me and optionally take the shots too using one of my 2 cameras ? Please note that when taking picture of my wife, she does not like close-ups !

Bonne soiree Nila !

Christian

Bob Marley (War)

nila

« Reply #32 on: November 10, 2003, 03:17:31 pm »

I like requests :)

I'll look into it and install JAlbum to have a look at it

Thanks for the feedback,

Nila
Pages: [1]   Go Up