INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: AlbumView 2.0.7.1 Beta 1  (Read 5054 times)

RhinoBanga

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Developer
AlbumView 2.0.7.1 Beta 1
« on: March 21, 2003, 07:17:23 am »

Here it is:

http://www.mrblobby.ukshells.co.uk/av2.zip

Here's what's new:

Added transposed artist & album names as sortable/groupable columns as well as fields in icon text.

Bartabedian

• Galactic Citizen
Re: AlbumView 2.0.7.1 Beta 1
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2003, 01:27:33 pm »

Hey Rhino,

In playing now, when deleting a song from PN using the delete key, I get the MC window asking about deletion options for the library. Right click lets you remove. I think I would rather have the delete key act like remove in PM. Anybody else? Nila, surely you got a thought on this. Secondly, there is no way of selecting more than one song in PN, control or shift, neither works. I would like to be able to select multiple PN items.

Thanks!

WP

nila

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2003, 07:41:10 am »

The bug with the Delete key he cannot fix as AV is 'wrapped' inside of MJ and MJ grabs all the keypress events.
Most of the plug-in's for MJ have this problem.
If they started trying to grab the keypress off of MJ as it grabbed it that'd start to cause all kinds of problems.
MJ needs to improve it's features to pass on keypress events to the plug-in's if they're selected rather than keeping them.

The selecting multiple files he can and probably will fix :)

RhinoBanga

• Developer
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2003, 03:09:32 am »

Nila is right ... there is nothing I can do about the keyboard accelerators.

But I'll look at the selecting multiple files.

nila

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2003, 04:24:42 am »

Rhino,
Have you asked MJ if they'd add some sort of feature for keypressing capture event to be passed onto whichever plug-in is being used?
It's a pretty basic feature and need for good plug-in's to be able to use keypress events.
They could reserve a FEW special keys they needed for navigation within MJ but then just pass on everything else to the plug-in.

RhinoBanga

• Developer
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2003, 05:28:50 am »

I can ask but I am still waiting on skinning and internal images to be fixed so I doubt it would be implemented any time soon.

byb3

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2003, 01:10:02 pm »

ok, everything works fine in this program, apart from 1 thing, I can't delete albums!

I press delete, which I see is a bug in this version because it catches delete in the wrong place.  Then another user says if u right click you can remove it, I can't see any options about removing an album anywhere!  This has happened because I renamed an album folder in MC, then I ran Album viewer which picked it up as an album, but gave me 20 songs of 0. 0. 0. etc...  Now I want to delete it but its stuck there and its ugly and an eyesaw!

Regards,

Adam

RhinoBanga

• Developer
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2003, 07:43:11 pm »

Rebuild your AV database and don't preserve your existing settings.

Bartabedian

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2003, 04:24:59 am »

Well, you're the programmer and these things are beyond my grasp, but why doesn't the delete key in PN react the way it does in MC? If these things are wrapped in the key commands of MC, why does it act differently? In PN in MC, the delete key removes the entry, no dialogue boxes, no library connection at all, but in PN in AV, the delete key brings up the library delete dialogue. I just want to be able to use the delete key to remove items (multiple if possible) from PN in AV.

Thanks,

WP

RhinoBanga

• Developer
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2003, 05:33:10 am »

but why doesn't the delete key in PN react the way it does in MC?

I would like to implement it for you but MC doesn't forward the keys.

When you hit the delete key it is MC which is processing the key ... nothing to do with AV.

Also the reason why you are seeing the library delete dialog is because that is MC's default action.

For example click on "Web Media" or "TV Tuner" and hit delete you will see the same dialog coming up.

Bartabedian

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2003, 07:40:44 am »

But the delete key in MC-playing now just removes the entry, no delete dialogue, at least that's what it does for me.

RhinoBanga

• Developer
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2003, 08:26:27 am »

Maybe I'm getting confused here ... what are you saying is the problem with AV?

Bartabedian

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2003, 10:14:27 am »

I think I'm confused now too :o

OK, in MC's playing now, using the delete key will just automatically remove the item from PN. No delete, no dialogue, nothing, just remove from PN. I like that.

In AV's playing now, the delete key goes to the delete dialogue for the MC library (delete from library, delete from disk, etc.) I just wish it would duplicate the action of MC's playing now and remove entries. And multiple selection as well. To be honest, the multiple selection is more important, as the right click does allow for "remove" to happen the way I like.

Sorry about the roundabout, hope this makes sense, thanks,

WP

RhinoBanga

• Developer
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2003, 09:12:59 pm »

OK.

AV does not handle the DELETE key and cannot do so as MC does not "forward" it to the running plugin.

As I said before what you are seeing is MC's default handler for the DELETE key as can be proven by clicking on "Web Media" or "TV Tuner" and hit delete you will see the same dialog coming up.

Multiple selection then rick-click/remove will be in the next version.

Bartabedian

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2003, 07:01:33 am »

AV does not handle the DELETE key and cannot do so as MC does not "forward" it to the running plugin.

Gotcha.

As I said before what you are seeing is MC's default handler for the DELETE key as can be proven by clicking on "Web Media" or "TV Tuner" and hit delete you will see the same dialog coming up.

Right, I undertsand that.

Multiple selection then rick-click/remove will be in the next version.

Thanks much.

RhinoBanga

• Developer
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2003, 07:14:48 am »

I have added the multiple selection support to AV.   This not only covers delete but move up/down/etc.

It will be in the production release of 2.0.7.1 which will be released when MC9 goes production.

Bartabedian

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2003, 02:47:51 pm »

Now you're talking!

Thanks...look foward to it.

Bartabedian

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2003, 08:18:52 am »

Had a very strange thing happen:

Shut down at night and restart in the morning like I always do, start mc, crash in AV2, then crash in media core. The only way for me to get back in to MC was stopping plug-in before closing media core crash window. Try to start AV2, both crashes again. Remove .av2 database file, av2 starts up np, but warns that no db was found. Rebuild db, but have lost all AV2 tagged info (rankings, new. favorites, etc).

I should add that I have been using AV2 A LOT!, almost exclusively. I rarely even go the MC library anymore (although internal image problem still exists). But I guess somewhere in there all that use did something weird to the db.

WP

RhinoBanga

• Developer
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2003, 03:59:57 am »

The only thing I can guess is that the AV database got  corrupt :(

If you can reproduce it let me know.

Bartabedian

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2003, 08:31:27 am »

You know, one night (may have been the fateful one) MC didn't want to close, or at least the process was still open in TM. So I forced it closed so I could shut down the system. I suppose it's possible that it was trying to safely close AV2 in the process, and I corrupted it then.
Ah, well, life goes on anyway...still enjoying the **** out of AV2, though...

Thanks!

Bartabedian

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2003, 09:03:57 am »

Hey Rhino!

Could it be? Can it be? Is it? Does it? Really?

I don't believe my eyes, truly, but I think the internal image thing is actually fixed with this latest build (162). I really don't believe it, but is it? Honest?

UFB w\LOL's  ;D, thanks a bunch,

WP

dragyn

« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2003, 03:37:08 pm »

I like this better than MC album grouping. In MC, it plays all my file types for some odd reason.

Anyway some comments..

When using the tabbed grouping at the top, if the list is too long, it puts the remaining tabs on top. So it looks like this:

X Y Z
A B C D....W

If that's the way it's supposed to be, then so be it.

When I do: 'Show tabs as buttons', nothing shows. If I click in that area, things will switch but I have no idea what I'm clicking. Could be a bug in MC's skinnning.

In 'Album Details', a feature I would like to see is to remove the tree altogether, like MC's tree view.

'Queue' is like going in reverse. I don't know if this is a bug or feature. Could be another MC's skinning bug.

Oh and I love the menus!! Too bad MC couldn't have a way to do that! Despite everything I said above, I'm gonna buy this very soon once PayPal accepts my money.

RhinoBanga

• Developer
« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2003, 10:26:15 pm »

dragyn,

2.0.7.1 production has an option to show the tabs as a singular line with scroll buttons.   It will be released around the time MC goes production (I just have to fix one issue and then it's done).

When I do: 'Show tabs as buttons', nothing shows. If I click in that area, things will switch but I have no idea what I'm clicking. Could be a bug in MC's skinnning.

Does it work with skinning of?   If so then you have proved that it is.

In 'Album Details', a feature I would like to see is to remove the tree altogether, like MC's tree view.

Difficult as the whole AD screen is designed around it.   I'll consider adding options to add playing now/track details to the overview screen.

'Queue' is like going in reverse. I don't know if this is a bug or feature. Could be another MC's skinning bug.

When there is nothing to do the queue is empty, so nothing shows.   When AV has something to do the queue fills up and as AV processes the queue it empties it.   Is this what you are seeing?

Oh and I love the menus!! Too bad MC couldn't have a way to do that! Despite everything I said above, I'm gonna buy this very soon once PayPal accepts my money.

Thank you!

Bartabedian

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2003, 07:01:17 am »

Rhino, dude, seriously, I'm dyin over here :P...

when's the new build comin' out? ;D

Thanks,

WP

RhinoBanga

• Developer
« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2003, 08:32:58 am »

In about 10 minutes.
Pages: [1]   Go Up