INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Liquid Audio  (Read 2686 times)

Richardk

• nothing more to say...
Liquid Audio
« on: December 04, 2002, 07:46:17 am »

Is there a plugin available to play Liquid Audio tracks? (.LQT files)

<edit>Ok, when I try to open a Liquid Audio Track I get a popup about Real Player.  How anyone could allow Real Player to be installed on their computer is beyond me, I never will.

If MediaJukebox can't play Liquid Audio Tracks, I will have to request a refund, because that's what most of my music is encoded with, the rest is .APE (Monkey's Audio).

Please tell me that there is a Liquid Audio Plug-In available.</edit>

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Liquid Audio
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2002, 08:32:46 am »

Media Jukebox can play .LQT files using the Real Player engine.

Liquid Audio never made SDK's freely available, so support is very limited everywhere.

The good news is that MJ has the best APE support there is, so you're set for your new files.

Sorry we don't have a better answer. (you could try talking to Liquid about releasing an SDK, but I'm not super optimistic about how far you'd get)
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Richardk

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2002, 12:06:21 am »

Ok, so the only way to play Liquid Audio Files with Media Jukebox (or Media Center) is by having RealPlayer installed as well?  RealPlayer can already play Liquid Audio files with a plug-in.  If I wanted to use RealPlayer to play Liquid Audio files then that's what I would use.

from this site:  http://www.musicex.com/

The world's first universal media player. It allows users to organize and play all the popular music files available on the Internet, including Real Media, MusicEx files, mp3, QuickTime, Audible, Microsoft Windows Media and LiquidAudio. The Jukebox is the consumer component that enables secure sales and licensing of music and other media files.

nowhere does it say (RealPlayer is required in order to play Liquid Audio Files).  Do you really feel comfortable asking a paying customer to contact a different company and request help with the support of their audio format when you already claim to support it?

Please let me know how to go about requesting a refund.  I have searched your site and haven't found anything yet.  If I have to contact my Credit Card Company and dispute the charge, then I will do that.  Whatever is necessary.

Thanks  :)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2002, 04:55:47 am »

Sorry, we don't offer refunds because:

a) you get a free 30-day trial
b) there's no way to "return" a software license

Media Jukebox will play LQT -- you simply need Real Player (not Real Jukebox).  Media Jukebox can also use Winamp 2 LQT plugins.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Richardk

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2002, 12:26:42 pm »

I guess I will be disputing the charges with my Credit Card Company then.  Sorry that it had to come to this.  I didn't use the 30-day trial because I pay for what I use.  I thought that this product would support everything that it said it would support, seems that's not the case.  RealPlayer is the buggiest piece of crap I have ever seen, I will not install it on my computer because I don't like my computer to crash.  Anyone who uses RealPlayer is only asking for trouble with their computer.  Why it is even still around is a mystery to me.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2002, 12:33:49 pm »

Richard,
There is a link here for RealPlayer 8.

http://www.musicex.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=general;action=display;num=1024579130;start=0

It will run fine and won't take over your PC.  The important thing is to disable Real's ActiveStartCenter.  That's what causes the problems.  You can do that in their preferences on the first page -- StartCenter settings.

Richardk

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2002, 12:45:51 pm »

I did not pay for your product, only to have to use RealPlayer to play a media format that you claim your product supports.  Requiring your paying customers to install a product from a different company to play a certain type of media file, is not supporting that file type.  Since you "don't offer refunds", I'll just let my Credit Card company deal with this from here on out.

Pages: [1]   Go Up